no more Jet for me

Page 6 of 6
On Mon, 2 Mar 2015 10:33:30 -0500

If you read them you drifted off on to them. Not the other way round theres a difference

Glad to hear it I won't be spending any more $$ on Jet ever
"Electric Comet" wrote in message for example the quick-adjust handle on the lathe tool rest is stripped. the handle is spring loaded so you can pull it out, rotate it then tighten/loosen in a better position. well that crappy aluminum was a really bad choice as it stripped out and I did not abuse this handle I was always careful to pull it all the way out then rotate and made sure it was seated again then tighten/loosen
I bought a plastic knob and that works ok, but not as much leverage as the original handle
also the nut on the lathe tool rest that attaches under the bedway was a flattened nut with a nylon ring. the nylon gave way and the tool rest could not be adequately tightened to the bedway replaced it with a plain old nut and so far so good
What model lathe is that? I've been thinking about getting one of their 1221VS benchtop lathes, and I'm hoping that's not the model you're complaining about.
Tom