Nine letter word(s) for woodworking

Working on some Sudoko like puzzles for a newsletter and need some nine letter word or words. The letters can not repeat so words like "wood", "cherry", etc. are not allowed, and they aren't nine letters.

I've come up with "brad point", "workbench" and some more, but wracking my brain for more. Anyone got some ideas?

If I use it, I'll send you the puzzle.

MJ Wallace

Reply to
mjmwallace

Router Bit Pin Nailer Miter Slot Cold Brews

Reply to
N Hurst

dado joint dove tails oak dowels lager beer

Reply to
Jeff

nailpunch handplane

Reply to
Tim W

Router bit and Miter Slot won't work - two "t's". Pin Nailer is out as well two "i's".

Thanks for "Cold brews". I like that one!

MJ

Reply to
mjmwallace

Dove Tails only one that work. The letters can only be used once.

MJ

Reply to
mjmwallace

How about some non tools? Beautiful Craftsman (as in skill or style, not Sears) Emergency (as in "Room") Enjoyable Expensive Frustrate

Art

Reply to
Artemus

Ah, your examples didn't make it clear that the letters couldn't repeat at all anywhere. :-)

Heavy Iron Push Block Varnished

Reply to
N Hurst

Reply to
Artemus

Some of these only count as "in jokes", but...

adjusting adversity amortized antiulcer atomizers bachelors bankrupcy beadworks bedmaking birdhouse bleaching bowlmaker breakdown butcherly cabriolet

Then I got bored. The computer lists 5,796 possibilities, not including another 2,002 proper names.

grep '^.........$' /usr/share/dict/words | grep -v '\(.\).*\1' | grep '^[a-z]*$'

Oh, yardstick.

Reply to
DJ Delorie

varnished dovetails burnished

hth

jc

Reply to
Joe

Home Depot (oops, two O's and two E's)

Reply to
Pounds on Wood

If you just whipped that up on the spot, I bow to your regex-fu.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Friesen

How about ANGLE CUTS?

Reply to
marc rosen

Thanks for that! Lots of words and I consider this "contest" closed with that list!

Thanks all for doing this. Will see how this develops!

MJ Wallace

Reply to
mjmwallace

Oh, and Miter Cuts too (I hope I did not miss anyone else typing this in my haste to post another suggestion) Marc

Reply to
marc rosen

OTOH I'm a software engineer at Red Hat, so it's kinda expected of me ;-)

Reply to
DJ Delorie

You want the whole list?

Reply to
DJ Delorie

white oaks soft maple

Reply to
DS

Plunge Bit G. Stickley taper jigs try square rule joint lap joints half round headstock auger bits draw knife bench dogs gum pocket

Reply to
DS