Nine letter word(s) for woodworking

Page 1 of 2
Working on some Sudoko like puzzles for a newsletter and need some nine letter word or words. The letters can not repeat so words like "wood", "cherry", etc. are not allowed, and they aren't nine letters.
I've come up with "brad point", "workbench" and some more, but wracking my brain for more. Anyone got some ideas?
If I use it, I'll send you the puzzle.
MJ Wallace

Router Bit Pin Nailer Miter Slot Cold Brews

dado joint dove tails oak dowels lager beer

Dove Tails only one that work. The letters can only be used once.
MJ
That's different from "repeat" and the examples you used: "wOOd", "cheRRy". Art

Router bit and Miter Slot won't work - two "t's". Pin Nailer is out as well two "i's".
Thanks for "Cold brews". I like that one!
MJ

Ah, your examples didn't make it clear that the letters couldn't repeat at all anywhere. :-)
Heavy Iron Push Block Varnished

handplane
How about some non tools? Beautiful Craftsman (as in skill or style, not Sears) Emergency (as in "Room") Enjoyable Expensive Frustrate
Art

Some of these only count as "in jokes", but...
adjusting adversity amortized antiulcer atomizers bachelors bankrupcy beadworks bedmaking birdhouse bleaching bowlmaker breakdown butcherly cabriolet
Then I got bored. The computer lists 5,796 possibilities, not including another 2,002 proper names.
grep '^.........$' /usr/share/dict/words | grep -v '\(.\).*\1' | grep '^[a-z]*$'
Oh, yardstick.
DJ Delorie wrote:

'^[a-z]*$' If you just whipped that up on the spot, I bow to your regex-fu.
Chris

'^[a-z]*$'
Um, yeah, I did.
OTOH I'm a software engineer at Red Hat, so it's kinda expected of me ;-)
DJ Delorie wrote:

Now you're making me feel bad. <grin>
As it happens I'm a software designer doing mostly linux kernel customization/support for other groups within a large company.
I just haven't gone that deep into regex, I guess. If I'm interpreting it correctly, the second clause gets rid of entries with duplicate letters, and the third one selects for lowercase?
Chris

The first grep selects all nine-character words.
The second grep removes entries with duplicate characters.
The third grep gets rid of all proper nouns (capitalized), and hyphenated words, by selecting those that include only lower case letters.
#1 and #3 could have been combined, but it's IMHO less elegant that way.

'^[a-z]*$'
Thanks for that! Lots of words and I consider this "contest" closed with that list!
Thanks all for doing this. Will see how this develops!
MJ Wallace

You want the whole list?

egrep '^[a-z]$' /usr/share/dict/words | grep -v '\(.\).*\1'
it's shorter. :-)
Maxwell Lol wrote:

Seems to run a little faster too (at least on OpenSUSE)

varnished dovetails burnished
hth
jc

Home Depot (oops, two O's and two E's)