Newly Finished Desk with Streaks

Hi Guys,
I recently finished a desk with polyurethane. I applied my third and last cost and now when I see the desk in reflected light I see streaks in the finish, sort of resembling dull residue. I can only see it however when I look at it with reflected light. Is there anything I can do to fix this short of sanding the whole thing and putting another coat of finish? I appreciate any help/advice. thanks
-Steve
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Were you using a semi-gloss poly? If so, it could be due to poor mixing. So, what to do. If thats the case, it was semi. You shouldn't use semi for your first and second coats, only your last coat. Use gloss for first coats and semi on the last. Mix it well. Semi is made by adding "flatteners" to the gloss.
Strip and start again.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in

Have some folks over. Feed them and give them stuff to drink. Have them walk all over your deck.
The next morning, your glossy streaks problem will be gone. Enjoy your new deck.
Patriarch

Do you normally have your friends walk on your desk when you have them over?
Strange ritual. :)

I misread 'desk' for 'deck'. Please ignore previous smart aleck post. ;-)
Patriarch
Not to worry.!! Your problem is probably due to an "uneven" application of your last coat of varnish. It has happened to me several times.
Another coat will probably cure the problem. But exercise some caution before the final application. First, lightly sand to remove all traces of "gloss". Fine sandpaper or 0000 steel wool works for me. Clean, then clean again..............finally apply a final coat. Be sure to have a strong light available so that you can clearly see the evenness of the varnish being applied.
LOL, John

Go to the bookstore. Really.
Two magazines in the past month have articles on finishing with poly. WOOD was one, I forget the other. One tip is to wait two weeks for full curing, then rub it out with 600 grit or rottenstone.