New tool invention

Page 3 of 4

It's "Jersey Dutch". After the English-Dutch war that exchanged "ownership" of Suriname and Manhattan between the warring parties, a lot of Dutch from Manhattan moved acorss the river. Here in Bergen county there are still a lot of Dutch names, like the lumber/hardware etc chain Kuiken Brothers. I don't think they know the difference between a chick and an egg <hehe>.
--
Best regards
Han
On Sat, 25 Apr 2009 16:28:54 +0000, Han wrote:

Doesn't adding bacon to just about anything make it better though?
--
Froz...

Have you heard about the new Baconaise? Bacon flavored mayonaise.
http://www.baconnaise.com /

The Baconator?
Robatoy wrote:

Well, that does sound better than "Bassmatic".
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Mmmmmmmmmm...baconnnnnn
I wrote:

"Robatoy" wrote:

from Dutch's Russisch Ei (Forgive my spelling, Han :-)). Cold, baby new potatoes, a wee bit of home-made mayo...
Now *I* am farking hungreeeeee

Anything that starts out 1 pound bacon like "Flo's", works in my book.
BTW, also calls for home made mayo.
Knock yourself out.
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

This one is a whole lot faster than 5 minutes. And I just rinse it out when done.
http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page.aspx?c=1&pQ924&cat=2,40733,44734
Chris
Chris Friesen wrote:

If it takes you 5 minutes to mince a garlic clove you're out of practice. "WHACK . . . rat-a-tat-a-tat . . . scrape" and it's done. At least if you have two Chinese knives and know what to do with them it is.
says...

Martial arts cookery.
But can you do it in the air and have the slices fall in the pot?
phorbin wrote:

Nahh, that's performance art. Maybe if I'd heard about somebody doing it 40 years ago I'd have perfected the skill, but probably not--my parents didn't own a knife that would hold that kind of edge. Nowadays I'm too lazy.

You will find these things in any headshop in the country in a wide variety of sizes and materials. Used for grinding marijuana.
"Chris Friesen" wrote:

Who cleans the garlic first?
Lew

That's the problem with all these gadgets, you have to get the cutting board out to start the process and cut the bits small enough to fit the device and I look and say well as long as I have a knife and the board out finish the job and only two things to clean. And if you're using garlic isn't there going to be an onion around somewhere in the recipe? Well at least at my house there is! There is one born every minute or less these days!
Rich
"Chris Friesen" wrote:

If you want to give Lee Valley your money, buy a microplane.
Can be used as a grater for herbs, nuts, etc, then washed and used in the shop for wood working.
How's that for staying on message?
Lew
:> Zyliss does make one of the best garlic presses EVAR!
: Personal experience or hearsay? I just happen to be in the market for a : garlic press and my primary interest is quality/function over price.
A very thorough review here:
http://www.bookofjoe.com/2007/06/experts_expert__2.html
They recommend the Kuhn Rikon.
    -- Andy Barss
wrote in message

wrote in message

It is the same company. The logo matches. I think they also do a lot more than kitchen gadgets. Industrial machinery comes to mind. There was a Chinese knock off on the market about 5 years or so ago.

I got a video with mine, Can't remember where I put it ...
The commercials seem to pop up now and then real late on one of the oddball cable channels. Can't remember the last time I saw one. Hispanic guy. What I should have said is get the guy who Wrote the Script for the Zyliss vise demo.
I bought mine at a show here in Portland (OR) maybe 15 years ago. I watched the demo three or four times before I bought. It's one of the best 'stupid' purchases I've ever made. It gets Used!
IIRC, Zyliss is one of those companies that makes everything from kitchen gadgets to oil drilling platforms.

Nah! He needs Vince, "The Shamwow Guy". You following me camera guy?
Joe aka 10x