New table saw finally came in (kinda long)

The Jet JWTS-10JF table saw I ordered from Amazon came in yesterday. I had it delivered to the Chevy dealership I work at. I couldn't wait to get it home and get it together. I had a couple of guys help me load the crate into the pickup but had to unpack it in the truck to get it into the shop because of the weight. I figured I'd eat and relax a bit before tackling it but fell asleep in the recliner during local news. Went out to the shop a little after 8pm and started putting it together. The instructions were good with plenty of pictures. The wings were pretty well straight on to the table (I brought a straight edge home from the shop that we use to check heads and blocks). Only problem I ran into was when tightening the fence head to the fence the two front bolts pulled the threads out. I put in a few long bolts with loc-tite. The fence is straight on with the blade but the far end will go out with some pressure. I went back out early this morning and cleaned all the cosmoline off with some brake clean and gave it a few coats of wax. Fired it up and after using the cheap Delta bench top for the past two years the Jet sure sounded like sweet music. I ripped a couple of boards and it's dead on. I'm going to have to run a 220 line, when I power it up the lights in the shop dim down pretty good. I've been reading and comparing for about a month which saw to get, almost got the Dewalt but since I limited myself to the $1,000. I had saved up I went with the Jet, several of the reasons to chose this saw over others are but not limited to the cast wings, a universial motor, Jet's reviews and with this at a lower price then the Dewalt and the Delta new X series I was able to get the Freud glue line rip blade, 2 inserts and the Freud 6" dado set. This sure is a pleasure to use after using the benchtop saw. Now to pick up a load of wood to get the rest of the Christmas presents finished. Then build a small cabinet under it to store the accessories. Dave and a few others posted pics of theirs which gave me some good ideas. Next is to get a planer and a jointer. Hmm, wife is going shopping in St. Louis next saturday the 13th and Woodcraft is holding a special sale on Delta tools. Have to start leaving hints around.

Reply to
Mike S.

May you and your new saw exchange toothy grins with each other for many years. Enjoy!

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde