New Ridgid tools at HD

Page 2 of 2
i did call ridgids 800 number, they said i need to get it to a service center, they have a list of all the service centers in your area, you could either send it there or take the battery or broken tool there. they should have replacement batterys in stock. heres a follow up for my original post, i took my 18V drill back to HD, because i only bought it a month ago they opened a new 4PC box and took my broken drill and gave me the new drill. they did say they were replacing ti because it was within the 90 day satisfaction guarentee, but they were not a warranty drop off for ridgid power tools.
also if i did not mention it before, i would recomend copying your reciept and laminating the copy and the bar code cut from the box and the lifetime clipping from the thin flyers that home depot has floating around the ridgit cordless display. as well as the small picture from that same flyer that shows the items you bought. that way everythings all in one place and cant be disputed. i really recomend people to copy thier reciept, because it is possible home depot and ridgid are betting that your reciept will fade before you need service, or get lost. i keep my original and my laminated copy in my safe. also donot laminate your original, the heat from the lamination machine will turn it black and possibly make it useless.
to addresss the concers of the other person about the idea that the charger has fans in it and that could be bad because they are putting too much power it to the battery or something like that, well i think the fans are an extra great idea, as they cool the battery down first, and while charging, heat hurts batterys and the cooler you can keep them the better, it's about time somebody stepped up to the plate with a great idea like that!