New project: a Shuffleboard Table

Hello all,
Just thought I would share a project I am working on. It's a 16' shuffleboard table. You can see my progress at:
http://www.arealnice.com/shuffleboard /
It's made out of nothing more that plywood and two boxes of bamboo flooring. Bamboo because it was cheap, light colored, and available (Lowes).
Oh yea, it will have a mahogany rim around the top edge. I will add more pictures as I go.
Gary
Gary Kemper wrote:

G'day Gary, Very nice so far. Quite a bit of detail for a simple game. Well Done
regards John
Cool project Gary.

Look's great! How are you achieving the absolute flatness that's requried?
Hello,
If you look at images 68 thru 71 you will see three bolts in each cross brace. These are every 15 inches dorn the full length of the playing surface. The bolts are in slots which will allow infinite adjustment including making the surface concave or convex at any point or along the entire length.
Try doing that with a 3 inch thick maple slab!
Gary
On 28 Feb 2007 12:30:49 -0800, tom snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

That's a great idea. Very impressive project!!
I have added a new batch of pictures for those interested.
Gary
On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 03:51:54 GMT, Gary Kemper

Gary Kemper wrote:

Looks nice!
I have some prefinished oak flooring left over from a remodel job. I've been looking for a good use for it. Maybe it's time to take up shuffleboard.
All that it costs is a couple of sheets of plywood (depending on how long you make it, mine is 16 feet) and some hardware, plus the flooring. Then some hardwood for the outer rim, and some carpet to line the inside. I'm doing that now so I will have some new pics soon.
When I'm done I can send you the drawings that I made up if you'd like.
Gary
On Thu, 01 Mar 2007 14:46:29 -0600, "Charlie M. 1958"