New Milwaukee sliding compound miter saw?

Page 2 of 2

In wrote:

Back in the day (1967) I had a really nice Austin Healey 3000.
Wonderful auto with marvelous Lucas lamps and a superb ignition that worked best dry.
The lamps worke even better one I swapped them for a set of Bosch and the ignition became a never-fail setup once I introduced my Healey to a colonial aftermarket upgrade.
Not to think I didn't love my car for I would still have it if it hadn't developed a severe case of frame-rot.
P D Q
On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 11:26:30 -0700 (PDT), "SonomaProducts.com"

No, I just prefer running a more modern car in the winter, even though we usually get next to no snow the salt spread on the road makes a mess underneath and I just want my summer car to stay near perfect.

:-)
Some of us have long memories.
Max,
I am struggling with a 10" Hitach no slider while I save my duckets to get a new slider. If you go by the written reviews in all the mags then the Milwaukee is the winner right now. TThat's what I will get. he Bosch can get better reviews but the big cut against it is that it wears out and becomes sloppy real quick. This isn't somethig that shows up in a lab review of a new unit out of the box.
I find reading the reviews on Amazon is a real help too.
When I first started looking you could get the 10" or 12" but it seems Milwak now only makes the 12".
I'm not usre where you are located but there is a guy perpetually advertising on the San Francisco Craigs list with this saw (new in the box) for $475. He also lists Dewalts. I'm sure he must have a source not a one-off because it has shown up for months and months and now and then one or the other brand isn't listed. My only thought is to make sure the guy doesn't want to meet in a back alley.
Yep, only has the Dewalt listed right now http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/tls/1109143545.html

Thanks for your comments. The Milwaukee is at the top of my list. I'm checking prices, Amazon, Tool Crib, Coastal, Tool-up etc. But I'll be getting one soon. When I've given it a real try out I'll report back.
Max