New member question on INCRA Ultra Lite

Have been lurking for many months and got LOTS of good info and tips from user posts, finally decided to join because I need something :) Am considering purchase of this INCRA, and would use mostly for box joints. I don't understand when using the 90deg jig to cut box joints with a router, how the wood gets moved to the cutter. Does the 90deg jig slide along the fence? If yes, does it slide in a track and how much play is there with that type of system.

Any user comments on how well this system works for box joints would be appreciated.

TIA

Joe

Reply to
OneThou

I use the Incra Twin Linear with fixture for dovetails and box joints. It works perfectly as long as you don't miss locking in the fence by a

32nd! DAMHIKT. (Parallax can be a bitch, sometimes)

dave

Reply to
David

Yup.

Hmmm. On the Incra Ultra system, which I have, the right angle fixture has a channel that fits over the top edge of the fence, with nylon set screws to adjust for zero play. I can't tell from pictures if the Ultra Lite is the same.

I haven't done box joints, only DTs. Very happy with the results.

If you haven't already, go to woodpeck.com and get on their email list for weekly specials. If you're patient, you could wait for a sale and probably get the Ultra for about the same as the regular price on the Ultra Lite

Reply to
kkfitzge

Here's what I did to make it easier to read the scale. Most office supply stores sell a line magnifier - basically a plastic ruler with a semicircular shape intended to magnify a line of text. I cut a short length and fastened it with double sided tape to magnify the cursor on the scale - no more guessing which 1/32 mark you are on. John

Reply to
John

Here's what I did: 1) use a magnifier

2) Scribed a line directly over the factory line, which is on the underside of the clear plastic. Aligning the 2 lines eliminates the parallax, but I still can barely see what I'm doing without the aid of the magnifier.

Dave

Reply to
David

Have been lurking for many months and got LOTS of good info and tips from user posts, finally decided to join because I need something :) Am considering purchase of this INCRA, and would use mostly for box joints. I don't understand when using the 90deg jig to cut box joints with a router, how the wood gets moved to the cutter. Does the 90deg jig slide along the fence? If yes, does it slide in a track and how much play is there with that type of system.

Any user comments on how well this system works for box joints would be appreciated.

TIA

Joe

Reply to
Ranger Paul

Thanks for all the useful insight and info, much appreciated.

Joe

Reply to
OneThou