HF Dust Collector - can this be adapted to a 220?

The Harbor Freight 2HP industrial dust collector is wired for a 110 connection. Does anyone know if you can run this off a 220?

Jack

Reply to
mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.ne

A friend at work has one and he says the motor is 110 only with no provision to wire for 220. If I could run it 220 I would definately get one. Scott.

Reply to
js mcauley

What advantage do you think you'd get if you could?

Reply to
Michael Campbell

probably, but only for a second or 2....

It's pretty much a "throw the switch and try not to blow a breaker" 110v motor... My neighbor claims that HIS lights dim when I turn it on, but once the motor gets up to speed it's a good machine for the price

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Less voltage drop and an easier start up.

Reply to
TBone

Reply to
mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.ne

Well, for one thing it would require half as much current, a definate advantage when your shop is limited by a low current feed. Scott.

Reply to
js mcauley