New Free #D sketch program

Page 2 of 2
On 6/18/2011 8:20 AM, Leon wrote:

In heavy rotation with the photos of the ideal, handsome, computer saavy, laptop dude whose picture alone will make you associate with him and immediately buy the product.
You know, like those flags in the used car lots ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

he, he, he....he said big titted...he he
@swbelldotnet says...

Uh, did you read the 123D site before downloading the thing? It's not intended to be a "sketch" program, it's intended to be a front-end for a MakerBot or to generate files for a service bureau that runs a similar device.
They certainly are not going to develop it into a full CAD program while they are trying to get four grand for AutoCAD.
On 6/18/2011 8:47 AM, J. Clarke wrote:

Strange that the tools and materials and pre drawn objects are not what I would put into a service bureau category. Still it acts like Sketchup.

I can't comment on that as I have had no time to compare the two. I would have to unlearn my interface with VW, and start fresh.

It has a dimension tool. Graphics have a settings file which looks pretty good for a working OpenGL view.

Pretty smooth on my PC, but it has a fancypants graphics card. I installed the 64 bit version, maybe that helped?

I have not found any shortcut keys, but that would be a major deal- breaker for me as there isn't a proper toolbar either. I'm not in love, but don't hate it either.

They are hiding. The right-click uncorks a wealth of modelling tools.

Did you read the overview, Leon? http://www.123dapp.com/SiteFiles/Support/designing_in_autodesk_123d_overview.pdf
This thing is mighty powerful.
On 6/19/2011 11:19 AM, Robatoy wrote:

Let me re word that, it seems that orbiting works like Google earth, not like Sketchup. My graphics card is pretty trick too, no hesitation but getting things back to normal is not how I like to do it.

I saw a lot of tools, just not program tweaks.

http://www.123dapp.com/SiteFiles/Support/designing_in_autodesk_123d_overview.pdf
So they say.

No-way did they expect to pull away SU users. The metaphor they use in their interface is different.
But NOW: STL in/out in meshes.
You asked, we listened Beta 5 is full of new features requested by the community.
NEW! Create 2D sheets for documentation.
NEW! import/export support for IGES and DXF files; plus STL import and mesh data export to STL.
NEW! Additional primitive objects - Pyramid, Wedge, Cone, and the amazing Polyhedron. These are just a few of the many improvements - go to the Autodesk 123D site to learn more!