New DeWalt DW735 Planer at Lowes

Looks very nice. Gives the impression of more "professional" grade than portable planer. No folding infeed/outfeed tables - just a nice, shiny, smooth solid suface. Combine that and the auto head lock and I can understand why the early testers are seeing little or no snipe.
Beefy looking - four columns are large, solid and threaded. Speed selector switch right up front (with a note to change speeds only when motor is on). Head raise/lower is via a large handwheel on the side. The store model moved well, with little backlash. Cut depth indicator (appears to be) via a mechanism that runs the width of the planer.
The DW734 (the revised DW733) Planer was sitting next to it but I glanced briefly. No outward differences jumped out at me, except the large "3 Head" sticker on the top.
Our Lowes had the DW735 for $449 and the 734 for $364 (IIRC).

Very beefy for a portable.. Close to 100 lbs...
Speed selector

on).
via
Head"
That was probably the new 3 blade head that the sticker was refering to..
in message

After seeing how smooth my new 733 cuts I wonder why bother?! Greg