Dewalt DW735. . .

Thickness planer appears to not be on the Dewalt web site, anyone have a link to where it can be seen or read about?

Reply to
SwampBug

G'day SwampBug,

I did a reasonably comprehensive search for it two days ago and found nothing, tried catalogue searches, pics and text - nil.

I hear its all a rumour to jack up their share prices so Leon can sell :-)

Greg

Reply to
Groggy

'doityourself.com' has it listed forsale. at a 'discounted' price that is

25% *above* what the Wood Mag write-up says is 'list' price.

and doityourself has 'pop-up'/pop-under ads on their web-site.

They're *not* getting my business, for anything, ever.

Short write-up in the Oct. issue of Wood magazine.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

LOL! woodn't serprize me, , ,! I need to look at something tho, my Delta gave up both rollers fighting dull blades, , ,!

Reply to
SwampBug

I have the Oct. Wood mag and read the write-up. Impressive booger! I understand it has 'disposable blades' and the article said something about 'self-indexing blade system' and needs no alignment tool. But I need more input for that much cash. seems I'll just have to wait!

Reply to
SwampBug

If you really want to post pictures, I believe thats what alt.binaries.pic.woodworking (I think thats the right group) is for. Just post back here w/ the title/subject the pictures are under, and (most) everybody is happy ;)

nuk

Reply to
nuk

For less money, fewer features, but the same blade and locking system, Delta has model DW734. About $100 less but still great results ($380 vs $480).

Reply to
C Carruth

FYI, it's alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking. Sadly, not all news servers carry binaries groups. As they say, check your local listings.

Reply to
Joe Wells

Reply to
Tripper

Hi Tripper, thanks for the info, I will be watching Lowe's!

Reply to
SwampBug

Dunno what the big hush hush is all about. I have literature on the two new planers. DW734 and DW735. They are going to retail for about 399 and 499 respectively.

I could scan the literature and post it if need be.

Rick

Reply to
Rick

So Rick, where did you get the literature. . .if I may ask?

Reply to
SwampBug

The local Lowe's here in Phoenix has DW734's and DW735's in stock, just got them today. List on the DW735 is $449 IIRC.

Reply to
Dennis M. O'Connor

Convenient. . . I could tolerate a scan and post of the info, if you are still of a mind to!

Reply to
SwampBug

I'll do it tomorrow at work. Should have it done in the morning. Convenient that I have a scanner on my desk. hehehehe

I dunno how I can post it though. We don't have a news server at work. Can you do binaries with Google?

I'll figure out something.

Check out alt.binaries.woodworking in about a day.

Rick

Reply to
Rick

Roger Wilco. . . tanx! I see it offered on Amazon.com and Tylertools for $470. . .

Reply to
SwampBug

Amazon will have both the 735 and 734 available on the 15th. Someone asked about photos. Amazon has them online now. The large ones show quite a bit of detail.

The DW735 is $479.99 - $25 promotion code (through October 31) = $454.99 The DW734 is $379.99 - $25 promotion code (through October 31) = $354.99

Both offer free shipping.

BTW, the DW733 is Friday Sale priced @ $284.99 through midnight. Minus $25 = $259.99. Again with free shipping.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Amazon Coupons, Sweepstakes and Bargains

1200 Amazon Coupon Codes, Rebates and Special Offers $20 Promotional Certificate with Amazon.com Platinum Visa Card

Herbster

Hold some upward pressure on the end of the wood as it enters, and leaves the planer.

-- Jim in NC

Reply to
Morgans

I haven't noticed that yet, it seems pretty solid. The wheel is pretty light weight and the handle that sticks out to crank it spins on it's own axle. The wheel attaches very tightly to the post, which has a flat side, and then a hex night screws into the post through a hole in the wheel holding it on. I was putting one board through at a time so I was pushing one through, lowering the blade, pushing the same one through, etc etc. I don't know if I ran it without touching the wheel enough for it to do that. Sometime in the next week or so I will be running a bunch of 1" boards through taking them down to 3/4". I'll run them all through at the same height, make the adjustment, and run then them all through again while checking it after multiple boards. I never even thought to check for that or ask about it when I was shopping for planers, does that happen a lot? I'll be keeping an eye on it and report back if it does. The four upright posts the carriage moves on are all really thick and threaded so I hope it doesn't. It is supposed to have automatic carriage lock, but I don't know how it works. I've never engaged a non-auto lock either so I don't have a comparison base. None of the sales people would let me actually run wood through one when I was shopping around.

MT

Reply to
Tripper

It was prolly a question borne out of ignorance of what is normal but the possibility occurred to me. I played with the one at Lowe's and have to agree the wheel isn't sloppy loose by any means so it will prolly not happen. But I am a chronic worrier so, , , Thanks for the reply. I am waiting for a place I shop at around here

to let me know something on it but I may get impatient and just trot on over to Lowe's and plop down the bucks.

Reply to
SwampBug