New Bandsaw Won't cut curves

Page 2 of 2
In an E-mail a few years ago Art Gschwind, Suffolk owner, commented that he allowed PS to sell his blades at shows.
On 31 Aug 2004 00:05:46 GMT, Bruce Barnett

Some people use a dollar bill for band saw set up, some use a hunnert. For the thrust bearing I back it off, the bearing, not the dollar bill, a sixteenth or so then start the saw up and slowly (vewy, vewy slowly) start to dial it into the back of the blade until it just starts to spin intermittently, vewy, vewy intermittently.
Now, an embarrassing question, and you don't have to answer, is the blade on right side down?
UA100
Resolution!!!!
Nate Perkins and John McCoy were right on the money. I stopped by WoodCraft and picked up a new 6TPI 105" Timberwoof blade today. Before installing it I checked the set of the teeth of the old blade. Yep, they were almost dead even with the rest of the blade. So off it went, on goes the new blade and everything is great! I am able to make cuts the size of nickles while pushing the wood with 1 finger and no effort.
I suspect that in my early "tuning" now called "butchering" of the setup, that I got the guide bearings to close to the teeth and that pinched them shut. I checked the 93" blade that came with the saw and the set is proper on it.
Thanks for Everyones advice, I now know and understand what happend and how to prevent it in the future.
-Marcus
Marcus, Just a note / hint / tip . . .
About a year ago, after a LOT of agonizing, I bought a 14inch bandsaw. {Yes, I looked at the Griz, but decided on a JET}. The saw came with their interpretation of 'Cool Blocks'. Because I didn't think I would be using narrow blades, I swapped them out for Ceramic ones.
I set up the machine and really haven had any problems. I don't use it a great deal, so the unit is actually BETTER them I AM - at the moment. 1/4 inch is the thinnest blade used - to date.
I have the original blocks in the 'parts box', and will probably make a couple of 'sets' from hardwood {WD40 impregnated ?}. The reason is simple - I have a couple of projects / plans that will require 1/8 in blades. From what I have read {and experienced with the 4Tpi 1/4 in blade}, there is another level of control when you can 'bury' the blade beyond the gullet. There *REALLY* isn't much to work with on a 1/4 inch . . . I can only imagine a 1/8 inch.