New bandsaw - blades don't fit.

I recently purchased a Jet 14" bandsaw, and a Timberwolf 10TPI 93.5" blade. The Jet is the new quick-release type. I have not modified the saw, it is completely stock.
The factory blade worked well enough, but the Timberwolf was larger in diameter, and there was no spring adjustment that could compensate for the increased circumference.
Are Timberwolf blades normally long? I attempted to measure, but I suspect that requires better equipment than I have, besides it is like wrestling an octopus.
I am unsure how to proceed. If I monkey with the adjustment mechanism, I can't depend on this working with other blades. It would also nix any benefits from the quick-release mechanism.
With tongue way into cheek:
You don't suppose box stated 93.5 inch but inside was a 105" resaw blade? Not that someone could make a mistake and put the wrong product in the box ya'know.
(The 105 inch is for the Delta 14" bandsaws, and clones, with the 4 inch re-saw height adapter)
Phil

blade.
an

Oh, god, don't do that. with all the trolling lately some humor impaired idiot is likely to read you the riot act.
- - LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net

6" resaw block, I believe. And, just to confirm Jet is a clone, the Jet 14", with a 6" resaw block is also moved up to 105" blades.
Ooops, you're correct, it is 6" as in 105-93 and 12/2=6 and if I had measured, it would still be a 6" riser. Now if I knew where I got the 4" from ....
GraybeardPhil

14",
Try a 92.5
--
Rumpty

an
You don't have an 8' tape measure? Just put a piece of duct tape or masking tape or a paper clip on the blade to mark a starting point. Roll the blade right along with an extended tape measure until you reach the mark. Just a simple hand over hand method.
Wrap a wire around your bandsaw wheels. Then measure the wire. If it is 93.5" plus or minus 1", call up Timberwolf and tell them they sent you the wrong blade. Otherwise call up Timberwolf and buy a blade of the right length.

blade.
an

I'm guessing they sent you the wrong size by mistake.

Nope. I have half a dozen or so, and they all fit perfectly.

Coil it up and measure the diameter of the coil. If it's really a 93.5" blade, when coiled triple the diameter of the coil should measure a bit under 10". If it's significantly different from 10", multiply the diameter of the coil by 9.42 to get the length of the blade.

Verify the blade size first -- I bet somebody goofed up at the factory, and put the wrong size blade in the package.

blade.
I have the normal closed stand Jet 14". Nope - the three Suffolk saw blades I ordered all fit fine.