New assesments came out

Page 2 of 2
On 1/28/2014 3:19 PM, snipped-for-privacy@wind.net wrote:

do you know why? Because of tax increases or value of property? Has your neighbors gotten the same treatment?

I do not know why and the county officials just gave me a dumb look when I asked. I think they use the Indiana outfit so they can refer us to someone we can't meet face to face.
I have to admit I am not complaining much because the property taxes on our farm are low compared to just about any other place.
On 1/28/2014 9:46 PM, snipped-for-privacy@wind.net wrote:

Well, If you are informed you know. If you are not informed you may be paying too much.
Just because yours is less than your neighbors does not mean that you and or your neighbors are not paying too much.
Basically I have never been sorry for looking into paying lower taxes. ;~) It typically costs you nothing, providing you go to the right people, to be represented for reconsideration of you assessed taxes.

Sounds like a grievance is in your future.