Neighbor's Wood-Burning

Page 2 of 2
Is there any health angle you can pursue? Medical, asthma, stubbed toe? Perhaps a lawsuit on the basis of reduced health? I don't think he is insured for that. Health angle, property value angle will go nowhere.
Best find out what he is burning. Painted wood. Construction waste is usually not allowd.
Will you keep us posted?
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Take up ham radio as a hobby......"you'll see".
or have one come over and show you how it works..... he will know what to do.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

that just isn't nice, funny but not nice :))
Eddie Munster wrote:

Can someone explain that to me?
-Steve

Eddie Munster wrote:

what
Two things about your responses (and thanks for them!) make me have to ask if you're from Pennsylvania, too. Could the "Eddie" possibly be spelled another way?
Very coincidental...
No. I am in Ontario, Canada.
I guess I remind you of somebody?
John
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

You're entitled to the "quiet enjoyment" of your property. Make some discreet inquiries to an attorney.
Find a nice loud leaf blower. Fire it up and aim it at their house whenever they are burning.
Wear ear protection.
Another alternative is to buy a santa suit, stuff it full of fiberglass insulation and when not a creature is stirring on xmas eve bring out a ladder and a broomstick and stuff it down the chimney. They will get the message next time they light up.
-j

whenever
When out on the roof there arose such a clatter, The neighbour sprang from his bed to see what was the matter. Away to the window he flew like a flash, tore open the shutter, and shot Santa in the Ash.
Bill Stock wrote:

Yer gonna get a lump of coal. Neener neener neener.
Caution everyone.....do not move to Kansas. We burn the prairies every Spring for brush control & to maintain the quality of grass. Folks from the cities move out to the "beautiful" spaces complain about all the burning, get a lawyer like city folk do.......then next Spring they & their lawyers get burned out by backfires. They usually move back east using I-70 and tell stories of how terrible the people are "out here". The worst pollution to health out here are the lawyers from back East. Just my thoughts under the 1 & 2nd amendmet.

In Louisiana, we burn the leaves off the sugar cane before the cane is harvested. Sometimes it looks like black snow when the wind is just right. I'm not sure what happens next. Is all this smoke in the air going to create "nuclear winter" and we need to burn more to stay warm or "global warming" and we need to save the trees for the shade. Roger Poplin dba snipped-for-privacy@aol.com
Amazing you can still do that. They're not burning the paddies out in NorCal like they used to. I can remember days when you couldn't shoot approaches at Beale because of the smoke.
You burn your rice straw?
Are you talking about Beale Street in SF? Probably standing between Bechtel and PG&E? max

Naw, he's talking about making approaches to Beale Air Force Base, home of the SR71.
- - LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net

Yup.
Or they complain about the manure smells, yes. Worse, though, are the people who move out, see the real locals burning off their fields, and then decide to do it themselves. They seem to miss the little minor points about picking a day without high winds and when everything is bone-dry. One guy burned up his field, his neighbor's yard, and his neighbor's shed with a classic Harley (fully tricked out and restored) in it. Didn't do much for neighborly relations, I would imagine.
One guy, the cheif told him he was going to take his matches away, after having a "controlled burn" get away from the third year in a row.
there is a family of farmers out in the Moody area that two years in a row burned down there hey shed, on Christmass day, on there third year the fire department showed up just in case
Dave Hinz wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Consider this to be neighborly advice.
Catch the neighbor sometime when his wife is not present and ask him what he has been burning lately.
You were not clear if he had burned befor without a problem over the last thirty years,. If so something has changed like maybe he's burning elm (elm stinks when its wet dunno how it smells when burnt) or his chimney needs cleaning, or maybe he has a dead racoon or bird nest or something in his chimney.
The quickest route to a solution to the problem would involve his cooperation. It seems clear he is willing to cooperate, you just have to get the wife out of the loop.
--

FF