Need suggestions for laminate flooring

My husband and I recently picked up some "mill ends" or overstocks of laminate flooring and we're looking for suggestions for using these for crafts. There's only about 10 pieces in any given color, but they range from walnut to country white, with lots of the lighter wood colors like maple, beech and oak.
So far, we've come up with simple kids' puzzles made with the scroll saw, and some stained-glass-style pictures or wall hangings. Anyone have any other ideas that wouldn't incur too much expense in the way of special equipment? Thanks for your input!
Most laminate flooring has a finish that includes aluminum oxide (the stuff they make grinding wheels out of). It is extremely hard on blades. Installers use carbide blades to cut it even they don't last very long. I doubt that a scroll saw would cut much more than an inch or two before having to replace the blade.