Need source for wood strips

I have a dining room chair with a lattice back made of wood strips approximqtely 1" wide and about .15 mm. thick in a light finish. Some of the strips are broken and I can see how to repair the back, but I can't locate any strips. Any suggestions? I can send a photo of the chair.
Thanks in advance.

".15 mm thick" ? Zero-point-one-five millimeters? Less than 6/1000 of an inch?

that could explain why they are broken. someone sneezed hard on them.

Why not just use paper? It's a wood product and about the right thickness
jc

Your local lumberyard or home center will have something similar to 1/4" x 1" called, funnily enough, lattice. Glue two of them together and you have 12 mm, glue a piece of veneer or two in between to make a sandwich 15 mm.

That would be .15 mm not 15 mm. And I am guessing probably 1.5 mm LOL

Well, we've all seen ladder back (apparently aka lattice back) chairs, so you know what the OP is talking about. The thing I found curious wasn't the odd bracketing of the 15mm with periods, but the use of inches and mm in the same piece of wood. I don't like to _measure_ and now I have to do conversions on _one_ piece of wood...? Hoo boy.
On Wed, 05 Mar 2008 05:45:45 -0800, RicodJour wrote:

Very common over here in the UK. Although we officially went metric nearly 40 years ago, road signs and speed limits are still imperial. Cars still do so many miles per gallon. (A proper gallon, though).
Lumber is still sold planed to 2x4 but in metric sizes so you actually buy 2.4m of 96x44mm instead of an 8' 2x4. Ridiculous. And around $10 apiece for not-so-good pine as well, in small quantities :-(

re: And around $10 apiece for not-so-good pine as well, in small quantities
So your wood is measured in metric but your cash is measured in dollars? <g>
On Wed, 05 Mar 2008 13:51:56 -0800, DerbyDad03 wrote:

;-) No, cash is measured in £'s but I know you leftpondians have trouble with 'math' (and spellyng) so I almost-doubled it for you.
Having said that, for IT stuff and gadgets we pay £1 per $1 anyway by the time it gets here :-(
And petrol is over £1 a *litre* now - $7.50+ per US Gallon.

Yes, I understand that, but I've never seen a 2"x96mm and wondered about the OP. Did he use two tape measures? Convert in his head? These things keep me up at night. ;)

http://www.refinishfurniture.com/cat_wicker.htm
On Tue, 04 Mar 2008 14:40:11 -0800, Windwatcher wrote:

Maybe something like this? Tech data states real wood, no backing and either face out. 1/28" - 1/40" thick products available. Available at most veneer suppliers. http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?Offerings_ID 24 http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page "14&cs=1
See the "applause" chair for use example; http://www.marcykingdesigns.com/portfolio.php
Another weaving source; http://basketmakers.com/topics/bytechnique/chairseating/chairseatmenu.htm