Need pie carrier plans

Must hold six to eight pies-door on side-handle on top-vent holes in sides.
I have seen pies delivered to cafes and restaurants in such a carrier. Google search found no commercial pie carriers at bakery and kitchen supply companies. Can anyone help?
Jim
Sat, Dec 24, 2005, 6:58pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net (Jimbo) needth to knoweth: Must hold six to eight pies <snip>
I'd volunteer, but I'm on a diet.
Seems to me this was covered before. Check the archives. Be no biggie to make one tho. No biggie. Don't need no steenkin' plans. Slide in/out shelves, with a hole to fit a pie dish.
JOAT You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear". What do you "know"?. - Granny Weatherwax
"Twas one of my first projects, a "pie safe" for my wife. Cherry vertices, with oaken-ply panels. Like JOAT says, no "biggie". Tom

carrier" to transport pies.
Jimbo wrote: Isn't a "pie safe" a cabinet-a piece of furniture? Yes, this is true, which is why I added the quotation marks. She uses the thing to transport up to 4 pies at a time, safely! Tom

cabinets!
Sun, Dec 25, 2005, 2:38pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net (Jimbo) now sayeth: The pie safes I have seen wouldn't fit into my SUV! Yhey are tall two-door cabinets!
So? Get a bigger SUV. Or, get a pickp truck. Or, make two pie carriers, one for each hand. Or, make individual boxes for each pie. Or, get however many friends to each carry a pie in their vehicles. Use some imagination.
JOAT You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear". What do you "know"?. - Granny Weatherwax

Cut a piece of 1/4" ply to fit in basket, put 4 3/4" dowel legs on it. Put the baked good in the bottom, picnic stuff on top of the insert. Wouldn't be any major to make more inserts.
--
Nahmie
Stupidity is not considered a handicap, park elsewhere.
Jimbo wrote:

Time to attend a Tupperware party.
Lew
For a "Pie Carrier (not a Pie Safe), make a 3 sided box long enough to stack the number of pies that you will want to carry plus about 1" of space between each of them. When finished, the box will stand on one end and the pies will be stacked vertically. Before assembly you need to determine the height of your pie plates/tins. This dimension plus the 1" space will determine the height increment of each shelf. Put 1/4" Dados 1/4" deep in the 2 sides for 1/4" plywood shelves on the increments that you have determined previously. Make the dados wide enough so the 1/4" plywood that you use will slide into them. Make these plywood shelves and put a hole in the middle of each of them to fit the pie plate/tin that you plan to carry. These will hold the pies away from the sides of the box and keep them from moving around. Now assemble the box and remember NOT to glue the plywood drawers in. You can put a handle on the top end if you want and a door with a latch on the front if you want. You can even use furniture grade wood and precisely fit it together or just slap it together. It's your choice.
It's easy enough to be able to do it without plans. (I did 30 years ago - They still work)
--
Charley