Need Manufacturer

Hello:
I am curtrently looking for a company who would be able to manufacture a product for me. The product is a mini coffin with the following dimensions: 5"l x 2"w x 2"h 1.25"d
I curently have about 40 coffins that were manufactured 9 years ago. I'm looking for someone to replicate them. You can see them at the web link below.
http://home.comcast.net/~paristodemo/index-minicoffin.html
Please let me know if you are interested in sending a proposal as I'm getting much interest in them already. Thanks!
Paolo & Mireya Aristodemo wrote:

<snip>
I think you may have a hard time finding someone who can build in four dimensions.
I built little coffins about that size in Junior High School shop class in northern Ohio - of course - that was in the 70's. It's cool that you can get a patent pending on them. Who'd a thunk it? I'm guessing the patent has to do with packaging the other contents with it?

dimensions:

Pet urns seem to be in demand lately.....
FWIW. Patent pending means that an incomplete application has been submitted and not yet granted a patent and made public information. Coca-Cola and Pepsi used this method for years in order afford some protection but keep their formula's secret. It carries the same legal protection as a full patent, subject to litigation. I doubt that a true patent would ever be issued for these mini coffins. No item ever previously described and published by someone else can receive a US. patent. Things similar to the periscope, submarine and helicopter were refused overall patents because they had been described and published in books like those by Jules Verne etc.
--
Chipper Wood

useours, yours won't work
Hope you find someone. Great idea. I like the emergency coffin.

dimensions:
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net says...

Seems to me the first step would be getting bids before advertising a price, but then, maybe that's just me. Also, Patent Pending?
On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 03:07:32 GMT, Mark & Juanita

Too bad Jums isn't still around. He'd do 'em in birdseye SPF (jummywood) and only charge about $35 each in large quantities.
-- SAVE THE PARROTS! Eschew the use of poly! ---------- http://diversify.com Poly-free Website Development

But he had a supplier so price was established by that.
You can also work backwards to a cost also. I'm thinking of a product the company I worked for at the time wanted to introduce. There was a unit on the market for $60. The guy making it sold about 4,000 a year and thought he had the market cornered.
Matt, the owner of my company decided that if he could sell that item for $29.95 he could sell 3,000 a month. He found suppliers with better motors and lower price at the higher volume. Invested in some tooling for special parts to reduce cost per unit. Well, turns out he was wrong. At the $29.99 price he actually sold about 4 to 5,000 a month. What makes it even funnier, Matt told the originator exactly what he was going to do about six months before it hit the market. He did not want the guy to get stuck with inventory he could not sell. Ed
If you make the length dimension 5 feet instead of 5 inches, you could use it to bury your pet snake.
--
Be sure to check-out our webpages...
http://www.angelfire.com/jazz/kb8qlrjoe/index.html