Need info on leather /fabric sofas

We are thinking of buying a new sofa set. We are thinking of beige, light cream.
We have 2 kids 12 and 9. Both like to munch snacks on the sofa while watching TV.
What are your thoughts re cleaning light colored leather from snack stains ?
What are the main drawbacks to leather sofas ? or pluses compared to fabric ? besides price
Does leather get stretched and look saggy(creases and waves) in a short while ? Does it get crumpled looking ?
I am worried that in the showroom the leather sofas looks good but I do not what it will look like in a year or so ? Because I have never had one.So I have no experience.
Thanks Tina