Need full part number for Craftsman Professional Router Table

Hi,

I just purchased the Craftsman Professional Router Table, Laminate, Sears item #00926608000 Mfr. model #26608, on clearance at Sears. It was the floor model for $60, normally $179. I need to order a replacement power switch saftey key and the owner's manual, but don't have the complete model number. It should be three digits and a decimal followed by six digits.

If anyone else has this router table, could you check the cover of the owner's manual and tell me the complete part number.

Thanks.

P.S. Sears can't do anything without the complete part number. There are no cross-references on their website. I've also tried going to my local Sears part store, tried various combinations of possible numbers on the parts website, called the Craftsman catalog number. All were of no help. Unfortunately this unit is currently out of stock at my local Sears retail store, so I can't get the number from them either.

Reply to
taftdb

Isn't there a plate somewhere on the item which gives the complete part number? Isn't it also on the box for the table? Perhaps it should be

009.26608000. Jim
Reply to
Jim

Jim,

No plate on this item. It may have originally been screen printed on the top, but it has since been worn off by the fence sliding back and forth. Also, I checked the number you gave against the Sears parts website. I'm afraid it doesn't match any item.

David

Reply to
taftdb

from the picture on sears.com catalog section, (see link) the safety key is the same one used on most of the router tables. Mine uses the same one and I got it at the store in the table saw accessories section. comes in a pack of 1 if I remember correctly. you can see the key on the right side of the power switch, red in color. I would also check with the manager of the tool dept for help. I was a sears tool manager for 15 years (before the merger) and I helped a lot of customers with problems like this. (not now though, I got a package)

Brian DET Luger "She was onto something, I think that's what got her killed The Capt "You don't think it was the bullets?"

Reply to
shooter357

Brian,

Unfortunately the store didn't have this key in stock. They told me to go to the Sears parts store down the street, but again they couldn't help me without the full 3.6 digit model number. Hopefully someone out there has this same router table and the manual. I find it so odd that Sears doesn't cross-reference the model number with the store item/stock#.

David

Reply to
taftdb

If it is one of the round yellow keys with the two prongs that fit into the red toggle switch they should be hanging on the wall somewhere in the tool department. All the Craftsman tools I've had used the same key.

Reply to
no(SPAM)vasys

Jack,

No it is a red key. I looked at the yellow keys, but the prongs are too short. I was looking at the power switch last night and realized that on this router table, the key pushes back a sliding plastic plate over the on/off switch. I was able to manually slide it back with my finger. I figured I can just cut the sliding plastic piece off with an Xacto knife. Also, I figured out that the full part number for this router table is 9-26608. I looked at several other router tables by Sears and they all use this non-standard numbering instead of the 3.6 digit format, which sucks because their parts website doesn't recognize anything without the 3-digit prefix.

Thanks everyone for your willingness to help. I thought this would be far simpler than it turned out to be.

David

Reply to
taftdb

Actually the number you are looking for is 171.266080 unless you're in Canada and then the Sears Canada model number is 171.0970924. But in either case, if you go to parts on Sears.com it will tell you that this is an invalid number even though I got the number off the instruction book on our display model. In the parts list in the book, it doesn't list the key as a separate orderable part, only the whole switch assemble with key. That part number is 29LCN-1019 which sells for $19.99. The instruction book is part number 49LCN-98 and that sells for $6.09. You might be able to call the parts department 800 number and a real person may be able to find the switch using the model number above. Sometimes the website just doesn't get there. By the way, it seems to be important to add the dash between LCN and the number in the part number or it won't find the part. Tom

Reply to
Tom

Hey David. I was stopping by my local Sears today and remembered your stock number (15 years as a tool manager gives you a memory for numbers) Unfortunately, my local Sears does not carry this model in the store.(small store) I did find a part number from the replacement switch that they sell in accessories, but part.com said it was not available. here it is any ways, sorry could not help more.

part number: 29LCN-1018 safety key DET Luger "She was onto something, I think that's what got her killed The Capt "You don't think it was the bullets?"

Reply to
shooter357

Brian,

It looks like between you and Tom I got all the info I need. I will go by the Sears parts store, down the street from the local Sears retail store, this weekend and ask them to order the key.

Thank you all very much, David

Reply to
taftdb