Need advice on hanging Large Cabinet Doors

I am building an armoire or chiferobe with large doors. My daughter wanted two cloths bars with no drawers at the bottom. This made the doors very long.
Here are the specs on each door. - mission style - 3/4" red oak rail & stile - size 21" x 75" - two panel - 1/4" plywood panels
I need help with four questions: 1. How wide should the rail & stile be? ( the carcass has a 3" wide face frame) 2. Should I try flush doors considering the 75" length? 3. What kind of hinges would be best for flush doors? 4. What kind of hinges would be best for overlapping doors?
Would appreciate any advice.
TomH

At least 2" wide. Wider would be governed by appearance from that point.

If the doors are flat, wither flush or overlayed would be fine. If not flat overlay may look better with perhaps a latch.

I prefer morticed wrap around hinges. They wrap around to the back side of hte face frame and the door stile.

On top of the face frame? I prefer Euro stile hinges that do not show.

I prefer inset doors with a lip, so I don't have to be accurate, but I have just done 44 overlay doors, some about that size. I used Blum #38 35mm hinges. First try with them, but I like them now. I used three on the long doors, center and 6" from each end. If any of your stiles are bent, use them on th ehinge side, so the hinges will straighten them a bit. I bought so many they only cost $0.90 each at WW Supply. WL

What hinge do you use with lip doors?

I built something similar a few years back. I don't know the reason for her not wanting the drawers. But the lady I built this one for didn't either. I just built it as though the drawers were there, but the drawer fronts were 'dummies'. That made the doors shorter and kept 'stuff' that gets piled in the bottom from falling out when the door was opened. She was happy with it. Just a thought.......

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 3089 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try SPAMfighter for free now!