Need a woodcarver..

    --Location: Santa Rosa, Ca; I've got an idea for a whatchacallit and it's of a sufficiently unusual shape that I wouldn't want to try making it myself. I need someone to carve it into something I can use as a pattern to make an RTV mold. Size is about 1" x 2" x 4". Anyone in my vicinity who can do this?     --TIA,
--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : The other night I
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : dreamed about wasabi...

Ed, are you related to the guy who invented, spliced, grafted the Haas avocado? His original house is in my town, southern Cali (sorry, I am not a carver yet).
--
Alex - newbie_neander in woodworking
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : The other night I
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : dreamed about wasabi...
What is an RTV mold? Just curious. Google says its Room Temperature Vulcanizing. If thats it, can you describe the complexity of design of your whatchacallit ? Or describe you whatchacallit better?

Ed- check your email.
On Tue, 24 May 2005 19:52:43 GMT, the inscrutable steamer

Email a diagram (or mail a sample part) up to me, Ed. I'll give 'er a try. We'll settle up when I'm down there in July. (good/scrap metal, robotics goodies, James Swan 3" slick, whatever ;)
- The only reason I would take up exercising is || http://diversify.com so that I could hear heavy breathing again. || Programmed Websites
    --Thanks to everyone, but while on a road trip I figured out how to make what I need from a wooden salad spoon. Photos when I get time to finish it...