Nail guns

Page 3 of 3

I was thinking of one of the Lethal Weapon movies.
You make some valid statements---true the nails are more expensive-----true they can be dangerous in a child's or morons hand and accidents happen to us all at times but I think saws and driving a car are more dangerous. If you want to forgo progress and live in the buggy era that is you privilege. But you have made a valid point as to the cost and danger of the tools.

snipped-for-privacy@someISP.com says...

I know someone who put a nail in his eye.

Baloney. The cost of *my* energy and time is far more.

If you're too stupid to use a nail gun, I suggest you stay in bed.

Utter nonsense. That must be why carpenters use nail guns now. It costs them more money.

You *are* a fool. Ever hear of coated nails? Ever see a board split when you whack it with a hammer/nail?

You must be a Democrat.
--
Keith

I need a new key board: "wear".
On Tue, 02 Jan 2007 09:23:30 -0600, someone wrote:

Statistics and source please? Didn't think so.
I'll give up my nailgun when they pry the nails out of my cold dead hand.
--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

Yeah - and before cars became commonplace, there were far fewer reported cases of people getting killed in head on horse collisions too.

So are table saws.

Your rant would have been totally acceptable up to this point. On this one, you are all wet.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

OK, anything with a cord is dangerous, very dangerous. You can should use a hand saw from now own unless you are too weak to operate a hand saw. Apparently you have not used a nail gun enough to realize that they truly are cheaper to operate than a regular hammer. Time savings is immense.
Here's the sequence of acquisition:
1. 15-guage finish nailer (always comes with angled magazine) OR 16-guage finish nailer with angled magazine. Either one will require angled nails rather than straight. (crown molding, door trim, door frames)
2. 2" brad nailer (quarter-round, baseboards, cabinets)
3. Narrow-crown stapler (cabinet backs, door frames, door trim)
Look online for factory-refurbished units.
Set up your air hose with a T-connection and run two hoses from there. One to the finish nailer, one to the brad nailer, so you don't have to keep swapping the hose between tools.

Suggest the 15 ga. as way more useful for interior trim than a 16 ga.
There are many "value kits" that combine 15 ga, 18 ga, and a finish stapler, that really are a value.
Thank you Tom, that was informative and after I posted another question for the group. But better late than never.

I have accumulated about ten Sencos (staplers and brad nailers) over many years. Senco was an originator of this genre of tools. Many of the Johnny Come Lately brands seem to have joined the party when Senco's patents expired. Senco does have an active repair and parts service business. If this is important to you, you will be able to keep your tools operating for years to come. I have absolutely no connection to the brand.
Joe G
SBH wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com says...

Yes, if my Senco siding nailer is any measure, they need a great parts pipeline. I did buy an O-ring kit, but haven't installed it (done with the siding job).
--
Keith

SBH wrote: