Any ideas on a species? -------------------------------------------
Thanks in advance, Alun

I use http://www.hobbithouseinc.com/personal/woodpics/ for ideas when I need to identify wood
Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
Fri, Dec 7, 2007, 11:00am (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@notsaunders.net (Alun) waves and says: Hi, I wonder if anyone could help with this .. someone I know (who's in Australia, I'm in Ireland!) has come by some mystery wood that he can't identify. <snip>
If it's free call it popular. Free wood is always popular.
JOAT Even Popeye didn't eat his spinach until he had to.

See if anything in here looks familiar.
http://www.woodworking.org/WC/woodsampler.html
FoggyTown