My First Router???

I have lots of information about routers and have decided what I want is a 2-3HP V/S fixed base router to use mainly in a table and I want to be able to adjust the depth from above the table and I want to be able to change bits above the table as simply and conveniently as possible. I have seen the material and reviews of the PC 890 series and they have all the features I want but I am not impressed with all the reviews. Many reviews have been less than complementary. What other choices do I have given the qualities of the router I want to purchase. Any and all help great fully accepted. Thanks
Hi Bob, The ability to change bits from above the table is great. However, I am not so sure anymore that depth adjustment from above the table is that much of a deal stopping feature anymore. A couple of years with my Triton has me thinking this way. Easy above the table bit changes and 5 second under the table height adjustment. If I had to go back to having just one router, it would be the Triton. Cheers, JG
Bob Beckwith wrote:

=============================I read the original post and did not respond ...
I have no routers that I can change the bits from above the table nor do I have any that allow me to adjust the height etc from above the table...
I have 4 router tables set up in my shop..(2 conventional, one overhead and one in a horizontal table) .all have a dedicated router in them.
I have no problem spending 3 seconds to pull the router out of the table and place it on the top to change a bit...I mean it takes all of 5 seconds to do...and does not require any effort...
Adjusting the height is also not hard BUT it would be nice to get a router lifter or some device similar BUT until the proices of those things come way way down (like $9.95) I will continue to do as I have the last 40 years and just bend over reach under the table and raise or lower the bit ...
Bob Griffiths
On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 09:58:59 -0500, Bob G.

Ditto.
Barry
Ditto.
I have yet to see one of those systems for under a hundred bucks (closer to two, if I recall) and while I'd like to have one, I can always find a couple or three bits for that same hundred bucks that I'd rather have more.

C'mon now, which is it? Enquiring minds... ;-)
Gerry
Thanks to all who have provided comment and feedback. I have decided based on a lot of your comments that above the table bit change and above the table height/debth adjustment is not that important a feature. I have read a number of reviews and have decided on the Freud 2000 router. Thanks again all. On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 19:15:17 GMT, Bob Beckwith