My First Router???

I have lots of information about routers and have decided what I want is a 2-3HP V/S fixed base router to use mainly in a table and I want to be able to adjust the depth from above the table and I want to be able to change bits above the table as simply and conveniently as possible. I have seen the material and reviews of the PC 890 series and they have all the features I want but I am not impressed with all the reviews. Many reviews have been less than complementary. What other choices do I have given the qualities of the router I want to purchase. Any and all help great fully accepted. Thanks

Reply to
Bob Beckwith

============================== I read the original post and did not respond ...

I have no routers that I can change the bits from above the table nor do I have any that allow me to adjust the height etc from above the table...

I have 4 router tables set up in my shop..(2 conventional, one overhead and one in a horizontal table) .all have a dedicated router in them.

I have no problem spending 3 seconds to pull the router out of the table and place it on the top to change a bit...I mean it takes all of

5 seconds to do...and does not require any effort...

Adjusting the height is also not hard BUT it would be nice to get a router lifter or some device similar BUT until the proices of those things come way way down (like $9.95) I will continue to do as I have the last 40 years and just bend over reach under the table and raise or lower the bit ...

Bob Griffiths

Reply to
Bob G.

Ditto.

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y

Ditto.

I have yet to see one of those systems for under a hundred bucks (closer to two, if I recall) and while I'd like to have one, I can always find a couple or three bits for that same hundred bucks that I'd rather have more.

Reply to
Tim and Stephanie

C'mon now, which is it? Enquiring minds... ;-)

Gerry

Reply to
G.E.R.R.Y.

Reply to