My cheap drill press

A while back, I got that $32 drill press at www.SuzyQShop.com, and when I got it, I was disappointed that the chuck wobbled.
Well, I bought a chuck for $25 delivered from another outfit at www.right-tool.com.
It fit, and it fixed the problem. So for about $65, I got me a reasonably good benchtop drill press. Does that rate a gloat, I wonder?
I was a bit surprised that the replacement chuck, while the same capacity, weighed about twice as much and was substantially bigger. It doesn't wobble, though.
Next item I'm looking for is a table saw. Saving my pennies for that BT3100, unless I can find a good used one... -- Howard
In rec.woodworking
Delta 10" with crank raised table and built in lamp for $88 at Lowes.

A new Delta of similar size can be had for $79.99, or much less as a refurb on eBay.
I bought one of those generic drill press a while back. Had every problem in the book, and several that weren't. Neighbor got it in exchange for a light fixture.
GTO(John)

Apparently, it wasn't all that fantastic a deal, but, hey, I managed to get a drill press.
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (T.) wrote:

Howard