My cheap drill press

A while back, I got that $32 drill press at

and when I got it, I was disappointed that the chuck wobbled.

Well, I bought a chuck for $25 delivered from another outfit at

It fit, and it fixed the problem. So for about $65, I got me a reasonably good benchtop drill press. Does that rate a gloat, I wonder?

I was a bit surprised that the replacement chuck, while the same capacity, weighed about twice as much and was substantially bigger. It doesn't wobble, though.

Next item I'm looking for is a table saw. Saving my pennies for that BT3100, unless I can find a good used one...

-- Howard

Reply to
Howard

Delta 10" with crank raised table and built in lamp for $88 at Lowes.

Reply to
Bruce

A new Delta of similar size can be had for $79.99, or much less as a refurb on eBay.

I bought one of those generic drill press a while back. Had every problem in the book, and several that weren't. Neighbor got it in exchange for a light fixture.

GTO(John)

Reply to
GTO69RA4

-- Howard