Msg from Harbor Freight

Page 3 of 3
Has this 'thread' taken on a life of it's own, or what !!
All the suggestions about re-using cheap latex gloves are nice . . .especially turning them inside-out.
However, in my case it is not practical and rather self-defeating. I wear them for skin protection when working with EPOXY.
Regards & THANKS, Ron Magen Backyard Boatshop
"Mark & Juanita" wrote ... Larry Jaques wrote:

stated, with eyes & arms akimbo:

In your case, Ron, you could simply put your hands up against a wall somewhere, wait a minute, and remove your hands from the stuck gloves, disposing of that glove-sucking wall once every few years. ;)
------------------------------------------------------------------ Vote early, Vote often, Vote for Chad! http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website & Database Development
Actually, the thing to do would be to also use that same wall to 'clean' the nozzle's of spray cans, {"Hold can upside down and spray to clear, etc . . ."}. Then, every couple of years take it down, cut it up into various sizes of square or rectangle, run a length of weathered 1x1 across the router table to create an appropriate sized rabbit, and make up some matching frames.
Should make enough at the local 'Artist's Shoppe Show' to build a new shop. Especially if you have TWO walls and leave one whole as a 'Mural'.
Regards, Ron Magen Backyard Boatshop {Don't laugh . . . historically similar things have been done !! It's just a matter of either finding the right 'suckers', or a GOOD marketing/publicity agent !! }
SNIP

ranted:

Yeah, they sell scat as art in NYC. Anything's possible.
------------------------------------------------------- "i" before "e", except after "c", what a weird society. ---- http://diversify.com Dynamic Website Applications
Just a thought y'all: Check with your doctor. I get my latex gloves from my dentist; they're better than HFs, which tend to tear quite often, and less expensive [YMMV]. worth asking next time you visit.
Gary
You can get latex, vinyl and nitrel gloves fro Delta medical for less than any of those places. The only catch is you have to buy 10 boxes at a time. If you get some friends together you can get good gloves for less cash.
--
Dennis W. Ewing Sr
210/653-1276

What is ridiculous is 14 business days for shipping when it is VERY economical to ship UPS which is guaranteed in 5 business days or USPS Priority Mail which is equally economical and is guaranteed 3 business days.

If it's so economical, why do most other vendors charge so much more for shipping than HF does?
--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland

Because it is usually "Shipping and Handling". Some people are very proud of their handling. Some vendors also charge customers the full listed UPS rate even though they get a substantial discount.
If the shipper does not give you a tracking number (which shows exactly when UPS picked up the package), you can bet they are holding it to fill out a load and get a cheaper bulk shipping rate. When you do get the tracking number from a vendor, the UPS website tells you when you can expect to receive it, and it is very accurate. Coast to Coast in the contiguous 48 should never take 14 days; it will be closer to 6. Again, you can check time-in-transit information for any two points from their website.
I have not had very good luck with the USPS.
Kirk
In rec.woodworking snipped-for-privacy@fellspt.charm.net (Lawrence Wasserman) wrote:

My experience is that they don't. I just paid $12 for my recent HF order that was shipped UPS ground. The box weighed 11 lbs. I'd call that about normal.

Doesn't UPS have a 70 or 75 pound weight limit?
Hi,     What is it that you ordered. Was it something big enough or heavy enough that UPS would not handle it and thus is coming via motor freight?
Thanks Roger
Hoyt Weathers wrote:

We live in Pennsylvania. I found ordering on line is faster than mailing or phoning the order in, most times it came either USPS or UPS. I had one larger order come both ways - shipped the same day. Several smaller items were in a box, shipped USPS and larger package with a gasoline powered pump was shipped UPS. The box of smaller items shipped USPS arrived several days before the pump shipped UPS, I would complain to my wife during those few days - I wrongly assumed the USPS probably lost/broke the pump and then it arrived UPS - what a shocker.
The pump did have some minor damage, I had to buy a new drain plug for it, the original was plastic and got broken during shipment, replaced it with a brass plug for a few dollars. Considering the same American made Pacer gasoline powered pump sold for about $230.00 (plus shipping) in the Northern Tools catalog , $208-220 at the local supply stores and I got it for less then $180.00 with free shipping via the HF online catalog, paying a few dollars for a new plug did not bother me at all. It has been a while; I don't remember the exact prices, but do know I saved a lot getting it at Harbor Freight on line. However, not everything at Harbor Freight is cheaper. My most recent purchase, a DeWalt 12 " sliding compound miter saw was the same price at Harbor Freight as Woodcraft which was closer, so I bought it at Woodcraft - I prefer to buy from local merchants if prices are close to the same.
I also had the HF floor model radial arm drill press shipped UPS from New Jersey, rather than California, it arrived ok, the box would not have made it much further but everything inside was ok. I never had anything smaller come damaged, most times the boxes look great, those shipped by USPS and UPS. I don't order too often these days, we now have a store close by.
joe
I guess no one told you huh.
Its coming from China on a junk. lol.
Rich

delivery."
by which

well, it

Order from them usually take a couple weeks or better. I never order/buy from them anymore. For one most of their stuff is crap and secondly they have a store near me now where I can get my nitrile gloves. Though I'm kind of a hypocrite since I just ordered a Quincy compressor from them, but Quincy is shipping it not HF.
Hoyt Weathers wrote:

: The following msg came in today in reply to my inquiry of May 28th:
: "Your order shipped on 5/25/04. Please allow 14 business days for delivery."
: I realize it is a long way from HF in California to Alabama, but I wonder by which : method my order will come. A slow pony express? Perhaps by mule train. Oh well, it : was my first and last order to them. I just hope it arrives unbroken.
: Hoyt W.
Just out of curiousity, why didn't you go to one of their retail stores?