Msg from Harbor Freight

Page 1 of 3
The following msg came in today in reply to my inquiry of May 28th:
"Your order shipped on 5/25/04. Please allow 14 business days for delivery."
I realize it is a long way from HF in California to Alabama, but I wonder by which method my order will come. A slow pony express? Perhaps by mule train. Oh well, it was my first and last order to them. I just hope it arrives unbroken.
Hoyt W.
You'll probably get it sooner than they promised, but you whine too much to deserve it.
Kevin
--
=====

"Hoyt Weathers" < snipped-for-privacy@hiwaay.net> wrote in message
I've had UPS orders just sit in a warehouse for a few days waiting for their turn in a truck. Why? Because I didn't want to pay for higher priority shipping. HF may *guarantee* it's there in 14 days or less, doesn't mean it *will* take all 14 days. One company I order from, same priority shipping, arrives the next morning. It depends on what else is going that way.
All shipping companies are that way. If you want a faster guaranteed delivery date, pay for it.
Of course, you should be able to get tracking information from HF so you can find out where your order is and the ETA for it from the shipping company.
In rec.woodworking

The absolute SLOWEST delivery method by UPS is UPS Ground and it is GUARANTEED in 5 business days. The 14 business day thing by HF is complete bullshit. I agree with someone else that surmised they're living off the float or simply taking advantage of it.

you don't ship much with UPS do you?
In rec.woodworking

I've shipped a dozen or so things. Would you care to dispute what I stated with something other than a smart remark?
On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 02:26:36 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com (Bruce) wrote:

If you don't get it in 5 days, what do you get with the guarantee?
UPS is pretty good. Actually, I'm really pleased with their service.
But, years ago, I did wait over 10 days...for an overnight delivery to get to me! Actually, it was fun. I was tracking it every day...and it was fun to see where it had been. Ironically, no one could stop it in its tracks! lol
I had the customer (really EAGER customer, of course!) stop over each morning...and we'd drink coffee and watch its movement together!
Have a nice week...
Trent
Dyslexics of the world ... UNTIE !

stated
Their 5 day deal is only to a business address, the Home delivery has no delivery date guarantee
William wacworkshope.com
In rec.woodworking

Wrongo!
from UPS.com
"UPS guarantees the day of delivery for every ground package you ship to any address within the 48 contiguous states, except for any ground package originating in Alaska or Hawaii. See the UPS Rate and Service Guide for details."

It looks like they changed their system and now they will guarantee the shipment to residential locations, but it can take MORE than 5 days to get there Now they just tell you how long it will take and then guarantee that it will make it there by that date
I don't know about their guarantee but I have shipped with UPS ground and one item took 14 days to get within the lower 48 and another took 9. So your 5 day statement is either wrong or abused. Puff

In rec.woodworking

That applies in the 48 contiguous. I would have thought that would be obvious and expected to someone living outside of them.
Last time I checked Kentucky was still considered the lower 48 and all the packages I shipped originated here in Kentucky still a part of the lower 48. Puff

In rec.woodworking

Well, I have no idea what you're saying then. Why don't you post some tracking numbers that confirm these long shipments by UPS?
Why don't you give it a rest . What I said was the truth. Why you don't accept it as the truth I don't know but its your demon to conquer not mine. Puff

I don't know why he doesn't accept it as the truth either. I would _guess_ that the reason might be that this "truth" was only stated on a newsgroup by someone he did not know, that it was claimed without substantiation, that it ran counter to his own experience, and that a suggestion of providing more data or substantiation was refused.
Just a guess, mind you, but that would be why _I_ wouldn't believe something under those circumstances. ;-)
--
Alex
In rec.woodworking

LMAO! Thank you alexy. You said it much more succinctly than I did.
Point well made Alexy. The problem is I don't keep records of ebay sales I made 5 years ago but I do remember having to explain to the buyer that I did indeed ship the items BTW it did not happen just once it happened twice. I am also not in the habit of questioning someone else's honesty or having mine questioned. This may be acceptable behavior among some but I find it abrasive and rude. Puff

In rec.woodworking

That's what I figured. I don't accept it as truth because they deliver in 5 business days to the lower 48 states. If yours was late once, fine but you're acting like it happens everytime you use them. I don't belive you.
On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 00:45:46 GMT, "^Halibut^"

Bicoastal deliveries via UPS for me take 7-8 days, inclusive.
I ordered some tennies from Zappos.com on Sunday (Memorial Day weekend, no less) and they arrived today (Wednesday) via Fedex 2-Day. Shipping was free and they upgraded it to boot. <groan>
For speed, go with Fedex or USPSPM.
--
STOP LIVING LIKE VEAL