More old planes

Be a little careful, re: restoring old planes with new, aftermarket parts.
I've replaced a few blades and such with new parts, e.g. Hock blades, Clifton chip breakers, &tc. The parts are way better than the originals, for the most part. But they're not always compatible with the older plane bodies. I have a ~1930's version of the No. 3, and the Hock bladed and clifton chip breaker don't fit well.
There's tons of info out there.
-Zz

Good advice.
I have a #60-1/2 with a Hock iron in it and it works like a dream. There was enough thread to handle the much thicker iron. The smaller numbered planes don't seem to like new stuff much, though, from what I've read.
-- Learning to ignore things is one of the great paths to inner peace. -- Robert J. Sawyer