Vera Mahina: Sawdust and Formaldehyde

Always wear a mask to avoid inhaling toxic fumes, plywood, particle board, strand-board, etc, all contain formaldehyde: thus, wearing a mask is not a choice, it is a necessity.

Reply to
Tara Hafiza

My two experiences hand-sanding particle board and plywood are consistent with your comments. It "ruined my day" both times. Even being in the same room with freshly assembled Sauder furniture makes me sweat (though I'm typing at a 17 year old Sauder desk now). I may have always had these sensitivies but they got worse with age (or exposure?). Doctor said I was just born 50 years too late...

Anyway--I think you're giving good advice.

Reply to
Bill