mobile base recommendation

I've got a Powermatic 64A table saw with the 50" extension table. Due to selling the old house with a BIG shop, the shop is being downsized into a space that is gonna require a mobile base for the tablesaw. Any suggestions for a mobile base for this (large) saw?
Thanks in advance...
Delta.
dave
Kyle Boatright wrote:

HTC. Custom made for that saw.

suggestions
HTC is what Jet sells. It's only painted white.

Yeah.....but a Jet base may not fit a PM64A. Better to go with HTC for that particular model.

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 16:36:04 GMT, "Leon"
Check in person before you buy.
I have an HTC "custom made for the saw" base for my General 650, that rocks. I don't mean IT ROCKS! as a good thing. <G>
HTC designed the base with three wheels, two at the centerline of the saw body, with the third under the extension table. Even with all the wheels locked, the saw rocks from side to side. It seems that the support between the main saw frame and third wheel / leg support has too much flex. My only cure so far is to kick wooden wedges under the main body base after moving it. This is a PAIN, and I expect more from a $175 mobile base.
I've been tossing several fixes around in my head, but haven't settled on a winner.
The high end Delta mobile bases I've seen do not exhibit the flex.
Barry

I have the Jet version of the "3" wheel mobile base with the Jet JTAS -10 cabinet saw setting on top of it and fortunately it is rock solid and I never lock the wheels.

Mine has extra bracing welded in at the main base where the extension connects, maybe that is a specification that Jet requests. I have probably another 100 lbs of storage under the right wing setting on the 3rd wheel extension.
My only cure so far is to kick wooden wedges under the

Sounds like a pain... although this base probably is not as sturdy as the Jet version as the Jet version that I bought was $299. Perhaps the extra $125. went into extra bracing and strength.
I've been tossing several fixes around in my head, but haven't settled

You might go to the Jet site or dealer and have a look at their base to see if there are differences in how the Jet base and your base are constructed.
On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 14:49:38 GMT, "Leon"

Now that I know the differences, I will.
Thanks! Barry