Any Powermatic 64A Tablesaw?

I've been looking into replacing my table saw and this model seems like it may fit my budget.

Powermatic 64A Stock no: 1791220K The one with the open base & 30" fence.

Usually seen in their ads for $649.

I like the cast iron table, but, haven't heard much about their 'Accu-Fence'.

I believe a rep will be at a local WW store in a few weeks and plan on stopping by then.

What other mfgs saws in this price range compare favorably?

Thankx, Ron

Reply to
Ron

Ron S.

I have had 64 for many years with theVega fence. It's a really good saw. Strong motor, accurate fence. I did change to to the flexible belt and balanced pully, which was a nice addition. I am now considering selling it only because I would like to go to a cabinet saw, specifically a Unisaw. Not sure what kind of pricetag to put on it. I'm in the St. Louis metro area if anyone is interested.

Phil

R> I've been looking into replacing my table saw and this model seems

Reply to
Phil

I have this saw with the 50" fence. The accufence is solid and you can replace the sides with other materials when appropriate. Overall, I've been very happy with the saw, but there is one nit that may or may not bother you. I've been looking for an aftermarket splitter. This is apparently the ONE saw that nobody makes one for. The Bies rep at a show assured me they would be doing the PM-64A next. That was in August, and they haven't returned my recent emails. So, what you see is what you get. Still, you've gotta love that polished iron table.

Cheers, Eric

Reply to
Eric Lund

Reply to