Miter Guide

Hi all, I've been lurking in here for a couple of years pretty regularly. Beginning to feel like I know some of you from reading so many post. Been thinking about buying an Osborne EB-3 miter guide like the one Norm uses. Just wondering if anyone here uses one and if it is as cool as it looks on The NYW. My thoughts are I don't see many real crappy tools on that show. I am 60 years old and been hacking wood for about 35 years. Thanks to you guys I have a great blade on my TS now and it is tuned up!
. My thoughts are I don't see

==================I am also 60 but I have been a serious wookdwrker a little longer then your 35 years.... lol...
Anyway I have (but very very rarely use) an Incra 2000 ...dead on accurate BUT heavy and NOT really a pleasure to use... Today I would buy the 1000 low end model and save the bucks
90 percent of my miters are 45 degree cuts so I just took the time and built a sled ... end of problem for 90 percent of the miters I cut...when I run into the odd ball miters out comes the Incra...
Bob Griffiths
Bob, Thanks for the information. I was kind of thinking I would like it for the long fence and stop gauge. If it's real heavy I don't think I would like it.

I am 50 and the JDS Accu-Miter is great! But is also extremely heavy for a miter guage-and it is built of aluminum. Maybe if it was built of carbon fibers ???
On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 08:08:58 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@cox-internet.com wrote:

You might want to take a look at the Incra/Woodpecker 1000SE. It comes with a long fence that telescopes out and has flip stops. http://tinyurl.com/wsac
--
Erik "Grumpa" Ahrens