Miter Guide

Hi all, I've been lurking in here for a couple of years pretty regularly. Beginning to feel like I know some of you from reading so many post. Been thinking about buying an Osborne EB-3 miter guide like the one Norm uses. Just wondering if anyone here uses one and if it is as cool as it looks on The NYW. My thoughts are I don't see many real crappy tools on that show. I am 60 years old and been hacking wood for about 35 years. Thanks to you guys I have a great blade on my TS now and it is tuned up!

Reply to
rodgerp

. My thoughts are I don't see

=================== I am also 60 but I have been a serious wookdwrker a little longer then your

35 years.... lol...

Anyway I have (but very very rarely use) an Incra 2000 ...dead on accurate BUT heavy and NOT really a pleasure to use... Today I would buy the 1000 low end model and save the bucks

BUT..... >>>>>>>>

90 percent of my miters are 45 degree cuts so I just took the time and built a sled ... end of problem for 90 percent of the miters I cut...when I run into the odd ball miters out comes the Incra...

Bob Griffiths

Reply to
Bob G

Reply to
rodgerp

You might want to take a look at the Incra/Woodpecker 1000SE. It comes with a long fence that telescopes out and has flip stops.

Erik

I am 50 and the JDS Accu-Miter is great! But is also extremely heavy for a miter guage-and it is built of aluminum. Maybe if it was built of carbon fibers ???

Reply to
Lawrence A. Ramsey