Miter/corner clamps for wide stock?

I need some miter clamps for a table I'm planning. Clamps will need to hold 1.5" thick x 5" wide boards @ 45 degs. Since I will only be joining 2 such boards at a time (not 4, like a picture frame) the strap type clamps won't work. I can't seem to find anything capable of accommodating such wide stock. I saw these http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?FamilyIDD84 , more of just a precision angle bracket used with clamps, which I already have. Anyone have experience with these, or have any recommendations for other miter clamps capable of holding 5" wide stock?
TIA
Dan
Shop made corner brackets and clamps. The strap type clamp will also work. Just put a spacer in the open end of the frame and clamp as usual.

Dan wrote: > I need some miter clamps for a table I'm planning. Clamps will need to > hold 1.5" thick x 5" wide boards @ 45 degs. Since I will only be > joining 2 such boards at a time (not 4, like a picture frame) the strap > type clamps won't work. <snip>
Use some 1/2" CDX and some 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" cleats temporially fastened to it to build a jig that will allow you to use standard bar clamps.
Lew

Is the underside going to be visible? If not clamp the two pieces face down to the workbench and use pocket screws.
-Leuf

I have used two methods with success. First, leave a cleat when milling, then cut it off after clamping.
http://www.teamcasa.org/workshop/images/bed14.jpg
Second, is to hot glue or super glue a cleat then break it off after clamping. You could also clamp a cleat on.
Dave
Teamcasa wrote: Anyone have

Haven't tried them, but "spring miter clamps" might be an option. http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?FamilyID860 Andy
Dan wrote:

What about cutting a 3rd piece from scrap with 45 degree angles on either end then use a strap clamp?
This could be made fairly easily http://www.woodpeck.com/clampingwedge.html
One of my mags had a 'clamping table' a few years back. It was a piece of 3/4 sheet good with lots of holes drilled (1" maybe) evenly spaced then backed with 1/2 ply. You could then clamp thing by sticking dowels in the holes where needed and tightening things up with wedges. Similar to some of the other ideas but could be used over & over for different projects.
good luck.