Looking for frame making clamps for miter joints

Bessy makes some, but they're expensive. Worth the money, or are there better recommendations? Needed for assembly of picture frames of various sizes and widths. Corners will almost always be 90 deg. (few if any non-rectangular frames expected). TIA.

TT

Reply to
TT

For rectangular frames, check out the Veritas 4 Way Speed Clamp. I got one from the LV catalogue. It's probably also on their website.

David

remove the key to email me.

Reply to
J Pagona aka Y.B.

I agree. I have two sets of them, and use them all the time. They are a little awkward at first, but once you get the hang of it, they are easy to use, and work very well.

Mike Alexander

For assembling 90° corners of equal or unequal sizes, I use this one from Lee Valley.

For rectangular frames, check out the Veritas 4 Way Speed Clamp. I got one

Reply to
Upscale

Great recommendations so far. All my smaller ones are clamped on a similar threaded rod clamp.

For the big'uns, I like the articulated bar/four block type. You can buy so cheaply anymore that it doesn't pay to make your own, but I've done 6x8 on a home made version.

Worry less about the miters, which you can squeeze, and more about having the sides the same length.

Reply to
George

When I visited the local Harbor Freight Tools store yesterday I saw some large corner clamps specifically for frame making. $10 each. They have a large, flat surface for larger materials and a solid corner to keep the miter joints square. When I need more corner clamps, those are the one's I'll buy.

Rich

Reply to
Rich Shepard

I'll second that fully.Best way to clamp picture frames is this way.

Reply to
FOW

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm ordering the speed clamp from Lee Valley now.

TT

Reply to
TT