mirror slightly off topic

On a recent visit to the UK, one of the more upscale hotels had backlight mirrors in the bathroom . These mirrors were pretty thin and were wall mounted the mirrored glass was in the center and surrounded by a narrow clear glass section . There were some fluorescents on the inside of the mirror frame which provided the illumination .
I have checked around since I got back and have yet to find a similar product in the US . Any ideas appreciated ...mjh