Minwax water based poly

I was just laying the last top coat on some pine with Minwax Polycylic Satin. I shook the can first, then brushed on the coat. As expected the first half of a 7 ft board dried with a satin (dull) look and at about the middle began to slowly turn to a glossy finish as the board was completed. I got the impression that the glossy stuff rises in the can and the dull stuff sinks and you have constantly stir/shake up the can.
I buffed the entire board with a scouring pad by hand to lay down a new coat. OK, so now I'm sweating.
I got the bright idea to used the scouring pad on my orbital sander and just stand there moving it along while drinking my coffee. The mixed finish coat is now relatively evened out to a satiny finish and to hell with that re-coat. And this time, I'm not sweating.
Just thought I would pass this on.
Pete
snipped-for-privacy@mts.net wrote:

Um... accordion to the instructions on the can, it should be stirred not shaken. This to prevent bubbles from forming.     buy a lottery ticket,     jo4hn

..or if you want a better bond?
Robatoy wrote:

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! <G>
On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 08:03:54 -0800 (PST), Robatoy

Watch it. I have a licence to mill.
Pete
On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 22:26:27 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@mts.net wrote:

"This piece needs more sanding. I guess I'll have to dye another day."
--
Chuck Taylor
http://home.hiwaay.net/~taylorc/contact /