metric threaded casters?

Hi,
I just bought a tool stand that has adjustable feet (for leveling.) I would like to replace the feet with casters.
Unfortunately, the feet are an M8x40 bolt. I would need an M8 caster. Does anyone know where I can find one? McMaster Carr doesn't have anything like it.
Or...is there a a way I can put some type of threaded bushing into the M8 hole so that a standard caster could fit in it?
- Thanks,
Todd
Todd, Very simple, no special metalworking tools needed.
http://www.emhart.com/products/helicoil.html
Dave

I doubt that you'll find a helicoil that threads into a metric thread to produce an SAE thread. in fact if you do, I'll eat my hat.     Bridger

I hope it's a straw hat! 8mm = .315 3/8 = 0.375 Buy the 3/8 HeliCoil kit (very handy to have anyway), It comes with a tap, insert tool and inserts. Drill with X (0.3970) Tap, Insert Coil, Eat Hat.
Dave
PS Maybe just re-tapping to 3/8 18 would be easier, however I have found that some cast iron or cheap, thin or punched steel won't hold the lateral forces of casters very well, hence the helicoil. But, then again, I tend to over think some problems!

Alternatively how about drilling out the M8-40 holes and retapping them for 3/8-26 or 3/8-24?
RB
Todd Seidenberg wrote:

Check here: http://www.carpin.com/castertop.htm .
These guys http://www.rolltech.net/ also show an M8-32 threaded stem caster in the Carenex line.
Or here http://www.selbyhardware.com/np12.htm
todd
On 20 Jan 2004 07:17:28 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@l-3com.com (Todd Seidenberg) wrote:

M8 is awfully small for a caster post. Grizzly's threaded casters are metric, but they are all M12.
Tim Carver snipped-for-privacy@twocarvers.com