metric threaded casters?

Hi,

I just bought a tool stand that has adjustable feet (for leveling.) I would like to replace the feet with casters.

Unfortunately, the feet are an M8x40 bolt. I would need an M8 caster. Does anyone know where I can find one? McMaster Carr doesn't have anything like it.

Or...is there a a way I can put some type of threaded bushing into the M8 hole so that a standard caster could fit in it?

- Thanks,

Todd

Reply to
Todd Seidenberg

Todd, Very simple, no special metalworking tools needed.

Reply to
TeamCasa

to produce an SAE thread. in fact if you do, I'll eat my hat. Bridger

Reply to
Bridger

Alternatively how about drilling out the M8-40 holes and retapping them for 3/8-26 or 3/8-24?

RB

Todd Seidenberg wrote:

Reply to
RB

Check here:

guys
also show an M8-32 threaded stem caster in the Carenex line.

Or here

todd

I hope it's a straw hat!

8mm = .315 3/8 = 0.375 Buy the 3/8 HeliCoil kit (very handy to have anyway), It comes with a tap, insert tool and inserts. Drill with X (0.3970) Tap, Insert Coil, Eat Hat.

Dave

PS Maybe just re-tapping to 3/8 18 would be easier, however I have found that some cast iron or cheap, thin or punched steel won't hold the lateral forces of casters very well, hence the helicoil. But, then again, I tend to over think some problems!

Reply to
TeamCasa

M8 is awfully small for a caster post. Grizzly's threaded casters are metric, but they are all M12.

Tim Carver snipped-for-privacy@twocarvers.com

Reply to
Tim Carver