Maybe Offtopic Question

Anyone know where to get links and info on woodburning? I noticed there are no newsgroups (at least that earthlink can provide).
Thanks in advance.
ARTEMIS www.xenaholic.com ~Auctions!~
Artemis wrote:

I'd start with
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=wood+burning+crafts&btnG=Google+Search
On 22 Oct 2003, Artemis spake unto rec.woodworking:

    Have you tried Google? www.google.com Typing WOODBURNING in the box gives 78,000 links in 0.14 seconds.
On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 07:08:24 -0500, "Artemis"

http://www.google.com/search?q=pyrography shows 19,300 possible sources of info for your hobby, Artemis.
---- A mostly meat-powered woodworker, and proud of it. http://diversify.com Website Application Programming
So this is off topic? No one covers woodburning?
Usually people in newsgroups either have their own sites or know of great sites without the horror of the google search.
I will move on to private bulletin boards then. Thanks for the effort. :-)
ARTEMIS www.xenaholic.com ~Auctions!~
pixelated:

are
On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 06:35:27 -0500, "Artemis"

"Horror of the Google search"? Personally, I find it stimulating albeit sometimes frustrating. Learn how to search and it becomes a delight to use. Do one search and see if it turns up any other keywords you can use, then do another several with those keywords. Once you find one with your needs, it'll give you even more keywords to narrow things down.
I can do more in 10 minutes via Google than I can calling every source in a large city looking for the item I want. And in-depth research in one day flat is a snap. I'm constantly amazed at the depth and availability of info on the Internet.
The last time someone came here looking for woodburning info led me to Google and an interesting several hours looking at all the things people have done in that medium. As with most searches, more items for sale came up than did informative sites, but I did find both. Patience and efficient search terms are two keys. G'luck.

De nada. Give it a couple weeks. Many of those who are into pyrography come by here once in a blue moon to see if anyone else has asked about it. No doubt they'll be contacting you...sooner or later.
---------------------------------------------------------- * Michelangelo would have made ** Website Programming * better time with a roller. ** http://diversify.com ----------------------------------------------------------
Larry Jaques wrote:

Yeah, our kids have it soooo easy.
I've been an online kind of guy for most of my life, and I got onto the internet before the wave of unwashed masses broke upon the shore, but the internet used to be a pretty boring place until all those unwashed masses started putting up web sites everywhere, and search engines came along to help people find the ones they were looking for.
Actually there have been quite a few threads on woodburning. Here, I've done the horrible google search for you. Go to http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=ISO-8859-1&safe=off&q=wood+heat&m eta=group%3Drec.woodworking (watch the word wrap)
Art
pixelated: