Mantle Shelf

I am looking for some help. I have just begun to create what I hope is many years of sawdust. I have been scouring the net for a plan for a mantle shelf. I don't mind paying for plans, but I don't want the entire mantle, just the shelf. I have seen a couple, but not many. Anyone have any suggestions for a newbie?

Thank you,

Jeremy

Reply to
jeremylburke

Check out Woodsmith.com for their plans. I got a book from them that had some.

Reply to
Dave

Just look at some pics from furniture dealers, like

You shouldn't need plans, just a good pic of the details of what you want. The dimensions will work out to what you need.

Reply to
Roger King

Look at this page for some dimensions and patterns, as well as some fireplace-to-mantel size suggestions:

John