Mantle Shelf

I am looking for some help. I have just begun to create what I hope is many years of sawdust. I have been scouring the net for a plan for a mantle shelf. I don't mind paying for plans, but I don't want the entire mantle, just the shelf. I have seen a couple, but not many. Anyone have any suggestions for a newbie?
Thank you,
Jeremy
Check out Woodsmith.com for their plans. I got a book from them that had some.

Just look at some pics from furniture dealers, like http://www.mantels.net /. You shouldn't need plans, just a good pic of the details of what you want. The dimensions will work out to what you need.

On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 17:20:58 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@REMOVETHIShotmail.com wrote:

Look at this page for some dimensions and patterns, as well as some fireplace-to-mantel size suggestions: http://www.mantels.net/CapDimensions.aspx
John