Making Life Better For The Bushoisie WAS - OT NEVER Forget!!!

On 08 Sep 2003 07:19:02 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) wrote:

There hasn't been this much raping and pillaging going on since Atilla last rode into town.
Once he and Dick Cheney get done dealing out the cards to their buddies there surely won't be any aces left in the deck for the likes of you and me.
It'll take years to undo the damage done by this squinty eyed little twerp and some of the damage may simply be beyond repair. The cost to our environment and our social structure will be paid out over generations.
This whole thing with Iraq, the undemonstrated connection to Al Queda and the vaporware WMD's is a three card monte scam and all the cards say OIL on them. I'll bet ole Dick Cheney can't wait to strap on a burnoose and belly up to table at OPEC. More likely he'll hide under the table with his hand stuck up the ass of some puppet oil minister who will be our man at The Big Show.
Those boys must feel the heat, too, because they sure are moving fast and doing as much damage as possible in as short an amount of time as possible. Guess they're cashing in up front and not figuring on that second four years at the trough.
Of course, this is all opinion but I wish that the time to express my opinion at the polls was not so far away.
Regards, Tom Tom Watson - Woodworker Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania http://users.snip.net/~tjwatson

Go get 'em Tom, I'm with you. Unfortunately, we lack an opposition party to promote a viable alternative -- I think they are all Repubblycans.
tt
Ok, Tom enlighten me, specifics on:
1. Raping and Pilaging 2. Damage to the enviornment 3. Impact on social structure
Tom Watson wrote:

I respectfully disagree. I originated the thread and identified it as off topic for those who didn't want to read anything that had nothing to do with woodworking. I did not state anything political in the thread, just asked people (my fellow woodworkers, and also RC'rs rec.models.rc.aircraft) to remember what happened two years ago this Thursday, just as I have my friends, family and coworkers, no different, just a different venue. Too many families lost innocent loved ones, and they and the event should be remembered.
Morgans wrote:

with
friends,
families
I respectfully say that this is a woodworking site, not a remembrance site.
Ever think about the possibility that some of those who lost loved ones come to a place like this to escape, and not be reminded.
Thanks, though for being civil. -- Jim in NC
Actually, this is more like a gathering of folks who have at least one common interest (ww'g) but also do chat about other matters on occassion (kinda like normal very day life). If your sole interest is in the ww'g matters please simply IGNORE the rest w/out trying to police the group into your idea of what it is.
Thanx Renata

says...

Now that's a response most of us can agree with.
As long as stuff is labelled OT, I'd rather hear what a bunch of woodworkers have to say than to join the professional soapboxers on the newsgroups dedicated to politics/religion/global warming/whatever.
Even when said woodworkers disagree with me :-).
--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?

http://www.washingtonpost.com /
http://www.nytimes.com /
http://www.gpoaccess.gov/crecord /
Regards, Tom Tom Watson - Woodworker Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania http://users.snip.net/~tjwatson
Ask for a description of oak, and you say look at the rain forrest? You obviously have a beef, just want to know the specifics. Your answer spoke volumes.
Tom Watson wrote:

I don't think there's too much oak growing in a rain forrest ;-)
Renata

Phil wrote:

Giving such a biased and unrealiable source of information as the New York Times just really doesn't cut it.

snipped-for-privacy@fastmail.fm says...

No one as yet has found any stories that were made up on Fox News, can't say the same thing for the NYT
snipped-for-privacy@hadenough.com says...

You've GOT to be kidding! I keep expecting the Fox people to put on cheerleading outfits with "Yea war" written on them.
--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?