Making glue less effective

Novice has made a low seat and varnished it with ronseal quick drying clear matt water based varnish.
I would like to glue part of it together, but in a way that i can relatively easily dismantle it again if i wish to resize some parts of it.
So i would like to use a glue that will hold it together reasonably well, but not too strongly. At the moment i have some waterproof PVA at home. It says on the label that if its used on non porous surfaces and they are soaked in water the glue will come 'undone'.
Since i've varnished the wood i guess its now non-porous? So soaking it might be the answer if i wish to dismanlte it?
Does anyone with more experience have a better suggestion please? Thanks

Use whatever you have handy. Since the joint surfaces are already varnished, they won't hold together anyway.
John Martin
johngood_____ wrote:

If you're looking for a temporary bond that doesn't have to carry any weight, try 3M 75 aerosol adhesive (note--that's seventy _five_, not seventy-_seven_ which has a much stronger bond) or double-faced tape (the clear kind from an office-supply place, not carpet tape).
--John

Sandwich some paper in the glue joint.
I would be very careful of this one. If the "temporary" joint is stressed by an unsuspecting someone sitting it the seat, a sudden failure could have disasterous results. If I had the problem, I would use screws. I know some people use hot melt glue for making mockups for chairs in order to perfect seat angle etc. That is fine as long as everyone understands that failure may happen at any time.