Making a pow wow drum using straight wood

I'm making a large native american pow wow drum. It has a diameter of

42" with a depth of 7.5" I calculated the circumferance and then devided it up ending up with 5.5" peices (24 of them) I devided 360 degrees by 24 = 15 degrees and 15 devided by 2 = 7.5 degrees

So I cut 24 pieces at 5.5 inches with 7.5 degrees on each edge so when glued together I would have a circle of 42". Is the the best approach to create a circular shape with straight wood? Any other ideas would be appreciated. thanks chuck

Reply to
junglechuck2003

Glue up multiple thin laminations bend into a circle with offset butt joints.

Reply to
Nova

I'd use a lime (basswood) log and hollow it.

Reply to
dingbat