Making a (bevel) molding plane

Impressive video, you may enjoy (fast too):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfOIfd_PuxU

On Thursday, January 8, 2015 11:59:40 AM UTC-6, Bill wrote:

The write-up, under the video, notes that the free plans can be had here: http://www.ibuildit.ca/Workshop%20Projects/chamfer-plane-1.html
Sonny
Sonny wrote:

Thank you, Sonny. The SU model helped me understand what was going on better. The project is "beyond me", at least at this point, but I appreciate the "artistry" of the craftsman. Most of us would have reached over and grabbed a block plane--so uncivilized! ; )
On Thu, 08 Jan 2015 12:53:39 -0500

I turned a carving mallet but it was time measured in minutes and additional materials were not needed. Just one piece of firewood.
If I made all my own tools I'd need to figure out how to alter time.
On Thursday, January 8, 2015 at 4:49:28 PM UTC-6, Electric Comet wrote:

Initial and date your mallet?
Sometimes, improvising/making a tool is a project, in and of itself, so the time value doesn't matter. It's the accomplishment, even though it's a usable tool. Later, it may become an heirloom, for your son(s)/daughter(s)/grands, not just "a tool".
Sonny
Sonny wrote:

like this: http://www.bluestemstrings.com/pageBoucher1.html
And after studying it for a while, I realized I should learn how to make a box first. The banjo project is "almost" in sight. I bought the hoop (Oak). The banjo doesn't look much more difficult than the plane above! I still may seek my entryway into luthery via mountain dulcimer, we'll see.
Bill
On Thu, 8 Jan 2015 16:07:39 -0800 (PST)

No. Now if I give it to someone I may do so they can blame me.

Agree with all that. But too many other things need doin