-Major Screwup!

Page 2 of 2

Just a nit on your nit, but "caustic" refers to anything which has the capability of corroding or eating away, and thus could be an acid OR a base (or neither). As described here, HCl is most definitely caustic to metals.
Kelly
Add pictures here
✖
--------------D6761D60A3A712D1742F8B20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Kelly E Jones wrote:

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key Êustic*1+0&dict=A
I stand corrected, I had only seen it used in reference to bases. e.g. caustic soda
ARM
--------------D6761D60A3A712D1742F8B20 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
<!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en"> <html> &nbsp;
--------------D6761D60A3A712D1742F8B20--
Add pictures here
✖

Well, yeah, you don't want to get the caustic soda mixed up with the regular soda. :)
Kelly
Add pictures here
✖
A few years ago, unbeknownst to me, the wife left an open container of chlorox on a shelf under some of my tools. By the time I found it, I had a similar result. Fortunately, it was just hand tools and not free standing machinery, but that's when I first started experimenting with the electrolysis method of rust removal!
TT
On 17 Dec 2003 20:27:41 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Bob S.) wrote:

Add pictures here
✖