LV block plane replacement blade

I bought a record standard angle plane a number ~5-8 yrs ago from LV. I thought I would try to upgrade my plane with one of the replacement blades that they recently released. I picked up the 1-5/8" with the 7/16" slot but couldn't get it to fit over the skew adjuster. I could have filed it to fit but since I live < 10 minutes from the Ottawa store I decided to force myself to go for a browse,eerrr visit. All agreed it wouldn't fit and that yes indeed, I had picked the correct blade. We tried a Hock replacement and it fit perfectly. So, I ended up paying the difference for the Hock. No big deal but I wanted the LV blade. Its less expensive, thicker and A2 steel.

My question is has anyone else tried one of the new replacement blade in a British made record standard angle block plane?

Reply to
William MacBain