Lowe's and GMC

Has anyone noticed that Lowe's is starting to carry the GMC brand of tools? It's seems like a plague has hits Lowe's because these tools are on the ends of most tool aisles.

Here is what the Lowe's website states about the company: Global Machinery Company (GMC) is an Australian company with a commitment to delivering the best value for money products available. GMC prides itself in being at the forefront of product innovation, we have revolutionized the market with our Redeye® range of Laser Line powertools. Redeye® tools feature a laser line generator incorporated into the product to provide improved operator vision, unparalleled accuracy, faster set-up, and greater safety.

Listing of tools (from the Lowe's site): Circular saw Jig saw Sliding Compound Miter saw Drill Press Mitre Saw Drill & Bit sets I also saw a portable table saw from them...Similar to Delta's low end model.

Anyone have any opinion on this brand? I don't know about quality or anything but the price is the lowest around...ranks in the range of the Skil brand of tools.

Dave

Reply to
Dave